2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

…agree, unless DCL is determined to see his contract out.

If his stock is high in January, it might be in everybody’s interest that he leaves, although we could choose to keep him if we’re only offered a small fee.

Balancing act.
Or if DCL would rather pocket it 6 months later. I think DCL is fully in control now, would prefer to let him rot in the U21s

Or if DCL would rather pocket it 6 months later. I think DCL is fully in control now, would prefer to let him rot in the U21s

….nah, we lose players on a Bosman, we gain players on a Bosman. We pay his wages, we utilise him.

DCL is in control to a certain degree. The higher his stock, the more he demands so it’s in his and our interest that he does well. What he can’t control is his body breaking down again, so he might agree a January exit if we want it. Saying that, it might be in our best interest to keep him.

IMG_8972.webp

Only tied with Shearer like….

View attachment 274440

Only tied with Shearer like….
If we had any chance creation, I mean like any at all, he’d bag a lot more.

He’s not clinical, he’s not going to create a lot for himself, but is a proven premier league striker.

I personally hope he sign a new contract now the ownership of the club looks to be changing hands.

He hasn’t had an injury in an unusually long period relative to his career average to date.

As such, expecting him to be out of contention over the coming weeks and we will be reliant on other options. History rhymes.

hes playing with fire, if he gets another long term injury, which is more than possible, our contract offer will (hopefully) be withdrawn and he will have very limited offers elsewhere. If I was him Id sign for my own benefit but also to repay (or not screw over) the club that has paid my wages whilst being sat in the treatment room for a large chunk of the past few years

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back