2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Think it always made financial sense to offer him a new deal mate, if he signs well and good, if he doesn’t we move on - if he does or doesn’t - then I think we bring someone else in anyway.

Can see Beto going to.

My guess is the following will all be moved in this summer or January.

Beto, McNeil, Mykolenko DCL in January if he doesn't sign, Harrison won't return neither will Mangala.

Think we've seen and had the best of DCL. Sure, he may come back into his own with another club, different style of play, better service which he isn't getting here currently but his injury record over the past two seasons doesn't fill me with confidence (although the Villa facial injury was outside his control and came about through his courage in attacking the ball). Reckon his most successful period was playing alongside Richy.
He will come back into his own with this club now that it has turned a corner.

Style is permanent,

fashion & form temporary.

Personally think we've brought broja in as a replacement for DCL, got a feeling the club know he's not going to re-sign and we've planned ahead. This could all change because of new ownership but the next few months will show that.

Clearly doesn't want to sign while Dyche is in charge and who can blame him. Nobody wants to play Flintstones football and be in never ending relegation battles.

He can't use the ownership situation as an excuse for not signing anymore.

TFG coming in is a positive step for the club. They are sure to bin Dyche too.

Your move Dom.

Personally think we've brought broja in as a replacement for DCL, got a feeling the club know he's not going to re-sign and we've planned ahead. This could all change because of new ownership but the next few months will show that.
I think likewise, maybe theres already a gentlemans agreement with Chelsea that they can have DCL cut price in January if we buy Broja? Better than DCL leaving for nowt in the summer

Strangle Beto will be in the second last year of his contract in the summer mate, prime time for a sell, unless he really impact between then and now - which looks unlikely.

Chermiti is interesting always felt he’s a finisher.

Everyone seems to have already written Broja off accept for me, convinced there is a quality player there and will surprise a few.
Agree with you just got keep him fit,

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back