2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Pretending? Are you 12.

It's called having an opinion on what I think other managers would do. only us persist with a CF player that cant score.

But this isn't an opinion is it?

Calvert Lewin wouldn’t start for any other team in the PL.

Since when I asked you, you said you think their managers wouldn't pick him, not that you wouldn't pick him ahead of their own strikers.

Maybe you're 12. Or intellectually 12.

Koeman ball
Unsworth ball
Allardyce ball
Silva ball
Ferguson ball
Ancelotti ball (except for a spell of 3 months)
Benitez ball
Lampard ball
Dyche ball

are all to blame, I agree. Why does every manager persist with "hoof it all game and then give him 2 absolute sitters. Dom, I want you to miss them both please"
Utter rubbish our football at the moment is the worst I have seen since 1962 - my hero Joe missed chances most CF do -
This Dyche team creates very little up front how did DCL do under Ancelotti?
He shut people down on this thread like you back then - we simply don't create enough - DCL gad a average game like 8 other players on Saturday ok !

He'll get those wage demands from January, comfortably because there will be no transfer fee.

He'll then score more goals than he does here and you'll just say "yeah well he was crap here". Like you did with Gordon. Like you will with Onana.
He will score like 3 more goals than being here. He literally jumped over McNeils ball, the only possible way to miss it. Hes finding new ways to avoid scoring, and its not because he doesnt have service. He will play in a better side, get more opportunities, miss the same amount of chances, and score a few more goals because he gets more chances. They will then look to get rid because they can find an average striker whos much better and costs less.

He'll get those wage demands from January, comfortably because there will be no transfer fee.

He'll then score more goals than he does here and you'll just say "yeah well he was crap here". Like you did with Gordon. Like you will with Onana.
Only problem with this comment is both Gordon and Onana where crap for us, not because there bad footballers but because we are rotten as a club and fail to develop players or a style of play that allows players to flourish. You only have to look at Gordon in particular to know he looks the part, but why didn’t he produce it at Goodison?? Why did Rooney have to leave, anyone with any talent can’t stick around here if they wish to progress!!

DCL just may want a different challenge somewhere else and it may not be down to money alone.

If he was happy to stay and we want him badly enough then certainly a deal could be put in place, possibly in the form of a big signing on fee and then wages in line with other top earners.

We are already probably paying him 100k per week, another 50k over four years would amount to an extra 10m which is a pittance compared to what we would have to pay to get a similar striker.
I think the fee mentioned for Broja is 28 and he hardly has a great pedigree.

My concern with DCL is that after the injuries that he lost a yard of pace. He is still good in the air, holds the ball up well but he just doesn't have the pace to get away from defenders.

Only problem with this comment is both Gordon and Onana where crap for us, not because there bad footballers but because we are rotten as a club and fail to develop players or a style of play that allows players to flourish. You only have to look at Gordon in particular to know he looks the part, but why didn’t he produce it at Goodison?? Why did Rooney have to leave, anyone with any talent can’t stick around here if they wish to progress!!

If Gordon and Onana were genuinely crap for us mate - Chelsea and Newcastle wouldn't have been lashing in bids for Gordon, and Villa wouldn't have paid a record club fee for Onana.

They weren't. They were just in a struggling team and took the frustration that come with it.

He's clearly capable because he did it under Carlo who played to his strengths. That and having much better service in and around the box.

Told him to stay central/within the lines of the 6 yard box and wait for Digne, Sigurdsson, Rodriguez, Richarlison etc. World of difference since.
Exactly.

Whilst it will be disappointing to see him walk for free next year, I don't think he can be entirely blamed for that and it's unsurprising he wants out. Would be nice if the takeover goes through and he can be convinced to stay but really can't see it happening. Too little too late.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back