2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Stat & Stats - the main factor is we now play Hoof ball - under Ancelotti he had a playmaker & scored his goals from crosses & in the box - he did that well in that era he got called up for England -

DCL has never been a clinical one on one goalscorer - but ATM he is the best CF on the books - do you really want Beto ploughing a furrow up there - He can't score or trap a bag of cement ....... Broja if fit may do better, but his fitness record is worse than DCLs ?
I read every reply from you in a shrill, stressed voice.

But you said we don't create under Dyche? So I'm showing you, we do.

Ahh, we've gotten to that part of defending DCL "well the others are worse!!" I'm not debating that. We're discussing Dom and the point stands, he's poor.

Under Dyche last season, we created 63 big chances. Under Carlo it was 59 and 48. Proof

Also, a player having a 3 month purple patch in 8 years, isn't the brag you think it is. It's like me telling my missus "ey, remember when I did the dishes every night for 3 months in 2020. I mean sure, I've smashed loads since, flooded the kitchen and left the rest to pile up, but what a time"
Not gonna lie I would dine out on that for years.

Back to DCL. May as well play him as much as we can while he's here and fit. It's an underwhelming set of contenders. Chermiti might kick on, it would be nice. Broja might surprise us, but his goalscoring record isn't great either. Seen some suggest he's better coming in from wide or as a second forward.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back