2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I dont understand why Dyche and Thelwell still give DCL game time?
Do they have any agreement if there is no proper offer to come in, DCL will sign the new contract at the end of Aug?
We are jot only giving game time to him but also the bargaining power. DCL will stand an advantage side. He knows we must acquire the transfer fee or new contract from him. We are giving a message to him how important he is if we still let play in the first 11. It is totally nonsense when you are bargaining with someone.

I dont understand why Dyche and Thelwell still give DCL game time?
Do they have any agreement if there is no proper offer to come in, DCL will sign the new contract at the end of Aug?
We are jot only giving game time to him but also the bargaining power. DCL will stand an advantage side. He knows we must acquire the transfer fee or new contract from him. We are giving a message to him how important he is if we still let play in the first 11. It is totally nonsense when you are bargaining with someone.
We’re in no position to be benching our better players, especially ones we’re paying massive weekly wages to.

You wonder if Brentford might come in for DCL when Toney goes for £40m or whatever it is.

It’s not really a step up for him but he might fancy trying London for a bit albeit I am not sure Brentford would give him the wages he wants either.

Brentford can just give the £40m straight to us for DCL, Maupay and maybe even throw in Mason Holgate

You wonder if Brentford might come in for DCL when Toney goes for £40m or whatever it is.

It’s not really a step up for him but he might fancy trying London for a bit albeit I am not sure Brentford would give him the wages he wants either.

Brentford can just give the £40m straight to us for DCL, Maupay and maybe even throw in Mason Holgate
Best leave Holgate out,don't want to put them off😉🤣🤣🤣

What mentalist club is going to offer him more than the 150k we have supposedly offered him ?
I doubt we've offered him anywhere near that. I wouldn't be surprised if we offered him less than he's on now, with our drive to reduce the wage bill (which could explain this whole contract situation). I do however agree that there's no other clubs that will offer him as much as we will. It's not like any of the top half sides would want him.

I doubt we've offered him anywhere near that. I wouldn't be surprised if we offered him less than he's on now, with our drive to reduce the wage bill (which could explain this whole contract situation). I do however agree that there's no other clubs that will offer him as much as we will. It's not like any of the top half sides would want him.

In reality he's not worth what he's on now based on performance, giving anyone a pay rise for being injured half the time or more and when fit not exactly setting the house on fire makes zero sense.

Imagine at your job, calling in sick half your working days for 5 years running doing your job ok - nothing more, when there, then asking for a pay rise...

Doucoure is on £130k pw Calvert Lewin on £86k pw.
I'm pretty sure that would be the figure he would be looking for.

Haaland couldnt score in this team with the tactics we play. Nobody you could link us to would be any good on paper in this team.
Comparing Haaland with 130kBambi LOL. Haaland would at least try to get in the box and get on every thing coming in the box. Bambi closes his eyes and prays that the ball doesnt hit him to bad.

Doucoure is on £130k pw Calvert Lewin on £86k pw.
I'm pretty sure that would be the figure he would be looking for.

Then good luck and goodbye.

If he thinks he's worth more than Pickford then sell him to whoever's dumb enough to pay it.

If you look at our wages, all the ones remaining from us losing the plot on wage structure are now in their final seasons contract. None of them are gonna get renewed - DCL thinks that his benchmark should be a type of contract that frankly led to our financial disaster then yeah, jog on.

We’re in no position to be benching our better players, especially ones we’re paying massive weekly wages to.
If you do not play Beto or Chermiti more, how they will improve? We also have to prepare for without him. We can start beto but sub for DCL. And more I really dont think DCL is better than Beto alot.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.