2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I wonder who the recruitment team think will be an ideal replacement. So far they’ve a tried a 5’7” tit and 6’4” beanpole who has never played this style before

Third time lucky??
I do wonder at times, its Thelwells job as DoF to actually build the team but it's Dan Purdy and the scouts who actually identify the players, you have to wonder at times do they watch how we play/setup then go "ahh yeah let's get him for up top just because he is a big lad despite the fact he prefers running onto the ball rather than having it played into his head/chest area"

1724407011313.webp

1724407108193.webp

Just can't the same calibre of style when you Google Beto compared to DCL. Lad seems to only wear footy kit.

I do wonder at times, its Thelwells job as DoF to actually build the team but it's Dan Purdy and the scouts who actually identify the players, you have to wonder at times do they watch how we play/setup then go "ahh yeah let's get him for up top just because he is a big lad despite the fact he prefers running onto the ball rather than having it played into his head/chest area"
It’s almost like there’s massive disconnect with how the DoF wants to play and what the manager wants.

He’s already stated that the club can buy whoever they want, but he won’t play them if he doesn’t like them.

Was a great player as well.
I actually remember when he was a decent winger/no.10.

How the hell have we ended up with him as a barely adequate right back?

Back on topic, selling DCL is probably the right thing to do taking on board his contract situation, injuries and dare I say ambivalent relationship with some of our fanbase.

The question of good quality replacement is huge. Ideally you want an upgrade, or at least not a drop off in quality. For all the flak he takes, imagine if Dyche signs some absolute bum head on a stick? 💥

I actually remember when he was a decent winger/no.10.

How the hell have we ended up with him as a barely adequate right back?

Back on topic, selling DCL is probably the right thing to do taking on board his contract situation, injuries and dare I say ambivalent relationship with some of our fanbase.

The question of good quality replacement is huge. Ideally you want an upgrade, or at least not a drop off in quality. For all the flak he takes, imagine if Dyche signs some absolute bum head on a stick? 💥
It would be well worth taking a drop in all round play to get in a player who scores goals imo
I’d have Wood over Dom considering we don’t have any other regular scorers.

I wonder who the recruitment team think will be an ideal replacement. So far they’ve a tried a 5’7” tit and 6’4” beanpole who has never played this style before

Third time lucky??

That just indicates to me that Dyche and Thelwell have a different opinion on how the team should play.

Beto and his playstyle aligns perfectly with the type of players that Lindstrom and Ndiaye are.

It would be well worth taking a drop in all round play to get in a player who scores goals imo
I’d have Wood over Dom considering we don’t have any other regular scorers.
Wood is much maligned, he's a capable player. No world beater, but plays his game and picks up a predictable number of goals.

I'm on about much much worse. Brett Angell levels. Or Wout Weghorst.

i got thinking the other day, i remember Dom mentioning something last season about not having a chant

at the brighton game we were singing the super kev song at 9 minutes

why don't we take that chant and use it for dom

instead of super kevin campbell which has 6 syllables we can change it to super calvert-lewin which is also 6 syllables so it would fit the flow and cadence of the chant

super super dom
super super dom
super super dom
super calvert-lewin

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back