2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I actually remember when he was a decent winger/no.10.

How the hell have we ended up with him as a barely adequate right back?

Reinvented himself basically. Went to Serie A and won the league playing left back for Inter. Being right footed has resulted in him being viewed as a useful utility player, which is what he should really be.

For his age, he's actually still quite fast, and he covers a lot of ground. Where his age is notable though, is in split second moments. His reflexes, it's always that which gets him in to trouble.

It’s almost like there’s massive disconnect with how the DoF wants to play and what the manager wants.

He’s already stated that the club can buy whoever they want, but he won’t play them if he doesn’t like them.
You have a DoF and a Manager, In the seeming absence of a proper power structure...Bill's in his box, Moshiris in Monaco...I get the feeling that people are playing egos and silly buggers

Well that’s a major issue then
Pretty much, but it just goes in with what the club is right now. No connection between any level. There won't be any until the new owner comes in.

I think Thelwell will outlast Dyche though and a new owner would want a manager who is inclined to agree with Thelwell style of football than Dyche style which is all based on short-termism.

Pretty much, but it just goes in with what the club is right now. No connection between any level. There won't be any until the new owner comes in.

I think Thelwell will outlast Dyche though and a new owner would want a manager who is inclined to agree with Thelwell style of football than Dyche style which is all based on short-termism.

I could be wrong, I think Thelwell’s contract is due to expire in 2025. New owners might want their own director of football.

They both are due to expire in 2025, yeah. I think there is a possibility Dyche goes at some point this season due to the pressure of staying up.

As it stands I don’t care who stays or goes. We are not going to substantially improve unless the club itself changes. Anything else is just a paper over cracks job, new stadium or not.

As it stands I don’t care who stays or goes. We are not going to substantially improve unless the club itself changes. Anything else is just a paper over cracks job, new stadium or not.
Definitely. I just think that most football clubs follow the type of football which players like Ndiaye, Lindstrom, Beto etc. suit rather than the type of football Dyche employs.

i got thinking the other day, i remember Dom mentioning something last season about not having a chant

at the brighton game we were singing the super kev song at 9 minutes

why don't we take that chant and use it for dom

instead of super kevin campbell which has 6 syllables we can change it to super calvert-lewin which is also 6 syllables so it would fit the flow and cadence of the chant

super super dom
super super dom
super super dom
super calvert-lewin
I can think of a few reasons today

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back