Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I just hope we get taken over, ASAP - so this style of football ends & if DCL moves on - good luck to him - Dyche has taken us as far as he can & he has had funds this summer - personally I hope the new owners will have a clean sweep - new board new DOF & AGM's remember them ? -
That football today was diabolical v an average team with no CF - it can't go on, or we will be relegated - DCL is the least of our problem IMO ....
Yeah it's in neither ours or his interests for him to sign a new contract. I'm actually a bit worried about the decision making in even offering him one, nobody is paying what we want with one year left, and sticking with this idea he's our saviour because he's tall is going to sink us. We need something new...or maybe he is the best we can do, in which case we're just delaying the inevitable

Yeah it's in neither ours or his interests for him to sign a new contract. I'm actually a bit worried about the decision making in even offering him one, nobody is paying what we want with one year left, and sticking with this idea he's our saviour because he's tall is going to sink us. We need something new...or maybe he is the best we can do, in which case we're just delaying the inevitable
A new midfield maybe ..... & two overlapping fullbacks ?

How much to sign a class striker ? £29 million got us Beto....

Big fan of Dom and hope he stays but Aston Villa signed Jhon Duran for £15m. Fact is, there are decent strikers out there for reasonable prices but we just aren’t very good at it. We have spent very poorly on strikers since Lukaku’s departure.
We spent poorly on strikers before Lukaku arrival as well. Lukaku is a one off for us in terms of levels of striker in the PL.

He is not aggressive enough, he's pretending, he can still nick a goal, he gets no service. he's part
of the problem not the solution, he lends structure to the team, he is still the best No. 9 we have,
he's got some cracking skirts.

All of this is true.

Would not matter if he had a couple of chances last night he would likely miss several before he gets his one, he has been outlet, works his markers over the years, however, never going to score regularly as he is not a natural goal scorer.

He generally gets a ball "pinged" 80 yards to his head, on his own, v 2 cbs - wtf do you expect him to do?
Exactly . He was marked by the two who were both units , it’s surely on the manager to tinker with the formation and push someone forward to occupy one of them and clear room for Dom or otherwise capitalise on the space .

Had one decent chance but otherwise Not sure what he could do .

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back