Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon it will be a 3-5-2

hopefully with holgate as one of the centre backs

---holgate williams funes mori
baines---------------------------coleman
-------mcarthy gana barkley
---------valencia lukaku

barry might be rested, bit harsh on del..but not sure how he fits in a 3-5-2, suppose he could play up front with rom...

Would Koeman risk playing 3 at the back against Arsenal?

I think we go a flat back 4, two up front and then make of the middle what we can. Maybe do the famed "diamond" in midfield, with Ross at the top, Gana at the base and Mirallas and Lennon on the wings?
Wouldn't disagree with that, but I think he will flood the midfield, plus if were under the cosh the wing backs can drop in to make it a back 5 with no gaps for Arsenal to play their little tippy tappy footy.

---------valencia lukaku

barry might be rested, bit harsh on del..but not sure how he fits in a 3-5-2, suppose he could play up front with rom...
That's exactly what I would go with!

---------valencia lukaku

Baines and Coleman as wing backs makes it more of a 5-3-2. It's not like we're playing wingers as wingbacks like Chelsea do, its full backs as wingbacks. One of which is broken and can't move.

I'd like to see us try 2 attacking midfielders supporting the striker, with 1 defensive mid, but maintain 4 at the back, but have the back 4 mostly as defenders instead of 2 of them running off into the distance. Leave that to the 5 forward minded players.

------------------Stek-----------------
Baines Williams Funes-Mori Coleman
-----------------Gana-----------------
Lennon--------------------- Mirallas
--------Deulofeu-----Barkley--------
----------------lukaku----------------

Would leave Calvin on the bench, but can swap him for a 2 up front formation if required.

I'd like to see us try 2 attacking midfielders supporting the striker, with 1 defensive mid, but maintain 4 at the back, but have the back 4 mostly as defenders instead of 2 of them running off into the distance. Leave that to the 5 forward minded players.

------------------Stek-----------------
Baines Williams Funes-Mori Coleman
-----------------Gana-----------------
Lennon--------------------- Mirallas
--------Deulofeu-----Barkley--------
----------------lukaku----------------

Would leave Calvin on the bench, but can swap him for a 2 up front formation if required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back