Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the bench today

Not so sure, yes he is in the match day squad today, but often they have 19th member as a contingency.

I think the subs will be Robles, Mori, Holgate, Clevs, Davies, Deulofeu and the one from Mirallas/Lennon who doesn't start. No room for Niasse, Calvert-Lewin or any one else.

Not so sure, yes he is in the match day squad today, but often they have 19th member as a contingency.

I think the subs will be Robles, Mori, Holgate, Clevs, Davies, Deulofeu and the one from Mirallas/Lennon who doesn't start. No room for Niasse, Calvert-Lewin or any one else.

Good point.

In the squad today lol

....been predicting he might get in the squad by Christmas. He really needs to seize any opportunity that comes his way before the January window. He won't lack for athleticism and his technique is ok but will improve over time. What stood out for me was his interview a month or so after he signed, comes across as a very bright and enthusiastic young man which will help his overall development.

Good luck.

...you could be right but from a practical perspective, there's no natural striker in that lot. Cleverley/Davies provide similar positional cover as do Deulofeu/Lennon so it makes sense to have a true centre forward option.

By all accounts young DC-L had a torrid experience in the recent mini-derby up against Sackoshite, I hope fans don't interpret his subs place today as proof that he is the next 'new best thing' and heap ridiculous expectation on him.

By all accounts young DC-L had a torrid experience in the recent mini-derby up against Sackoshite, I hope fans don't interpret his subs place today as proof that he is the next 'new best thing' and heap ridiculous expectation on him.

dont think thats true to be fair, the whole team played quite poorly. wouldnt say sakho had him in his pocket or anything even though hes probably frances best defender. calvert-lewin actually shouldve scored.

dont think thats true to be fair, the whole team played quite poorly. wouldnt say sakho had him in his pocket or anything even though hes probably frances best defender. calvert-lewin actually shouldve scored.

And to be fair, Sakho probably had his hayfever or asthma injections beforehand

Allegedly

Don't think many will think of him as the next big thing. It just underlines what a disaster the summer was that we have no decent back up to Rom again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back