Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried to run on it for a bit and walked off so hopefully not his ligaments torn and just a sprain.

Cheers hopefully it's a sprain and misses a week or two. Broken ankle would be unlikely if he was able to walk on it but ligaments could be possible and the worst news. Made up he started today about time we injected youth and energy

Surely there must be something 'special' about this boy if Unsworth signed him and hes been catapulted into the team this quickly...

Surely there must be something 'special' about this boy if Unsworth signed him and hes been catapulted into the team this quickly...

....Unsworth recommended we sign him and the board backed the recommendation. Its all about potential and once the lad signs it's then up to him to progress and take his chance.

....Unsworth recommended we sign him and the board backed the recommendation. Its all about potential and once the lad signs it's then up to him to progress and take his chance.

Looks like hes really shown alot in training as the guys watching the u23s werent raving about him...simply saying he could be a good target man in the future.

I dont think anyone has been clamouring for him to start in the 1st team.

Unsworth didn't sign him... the club did...

He was brought in to be a first-team player, but clearly went into the U23s first for a bit more experience and to help him settle without as much pressure. A sensible action.

He's got a long way to go and is still very raw, but has decent attributes and has rightly been given a chance since others haven't performed.

He was brought in to be a first-team player, but clearly went into the U23s first for a bit more experience and to help him settle without as much pressure. A sensible action.

He's got a long way to go and is still very raw, but has decent attributes and has rightly been given a chance since others haven't performed.

It was stated at the time in the press that Unsworth had gone back to Sheff Utd for him as he had seen him play in the youth sides and thought he would be one for a chance in the first team 'in future'.

I think Walsh is after Lookman but Unsworth wanted DCL.

He's made the most of our lack of attacking options

Could definitely be one of the future could Young Dom

It was stated at the time in the press that Unsworth had gone back to Sheff Utd for him as he had seen him play in the youth sides and thought he would be one for a chance in the first team 'in future'.

I think Walsh is after Lookman but Unsworth wanted DCL.
He had already made several first team appearances for Sheff Utd, so his stint in the U23s was probably just to get him up to speed with the club, his teammates, and how he would fit into the team.

Imo there was never any suggestion he was just 'one for the future'. There was always an expectation he would be in the first team sooner rather than later.

Looks like hes really shown alot in training as the guys watching the u23s werent raving about him...simply saying he could be a good target man in the future.

I dont think anyone has been clamouring for him to start in the 1st team.

...not blowing my own trumpet but I posted in September to say I can see him breaking into the first team squad in December and getting some game time ahead of the transfer window. This is because I liked what I saw but mainly because there wasn't much competition ahead of him. I didn't see him as a support for Lukaku but that appears to be the team shape RK is going for.

Mate ... if I was making my prem debut i would need to be dragged off before i went off of my own accord.

Me too mate !

Which is where the physio's call is important. If they think a player is hurt enough to have to go off and aren't going to run something off then they should really be making the decision for the player, especially one so inexperienced.

I doubt very much DCL trying to carry on has made his injury any worse, but it could have done.

It's a tough call for the physio to make, but, in circumstances like yesterday's, I'd rather they erred on the side of caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back