Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

A shocking turn of events. Why always us? :cool:

"Calvert-Lewin tells Everton he won't sign new contract offer - sources

Dominic Calvert-Lewin is stalling on signing a new deal at Everton as he wants to keep his options open this summer, sources confirmed to ESPN FC.

Everton have been locked in talks with Lewin for some time now over a new deal and were hopeful of tying down the striker to a new long-term contract.

However, those talks have reached a deadlock with Lewin indicating he does not want to sign a new deal at Goodison Park, as first reported on Tuesday by multiple English newspapers.

Despite the setback, a deal for Lewin remains on the table and Everton remain hopeful of a successful resolution, one source told ESPN FC."

Haha, that's brilliant !
Mind you, I rather hope the mods had a sense of humour bypass and stuck you in Gulag for a few days as a lesson not to be such a smartarse :)

What makes you think that Woolly?

I think fans who have seen a bit of him with the u23s would probably have a better idea of his game. I don't really have a clue yet, look forward to seeing more of him.

@blueloon and @blueblue have, between them summed up what i'm about to say, but I'll say it anyway.

I've seen him play a few times for the U23's and, from there, he's the best of our attacking options. Dowell might, superficially, catch the eye more, and his day will probably come, but, at the moment Calvert-Lewin's a more rounded option. He's not big enough, yet, to lead the line on his own in the Premier League, but I can see him playing a supporting role at the top level.

He's been finding his feet in the Premier League,but, unlike the majority on here, I've seen a lot of good things he's done, both on, and off the ball. Going home from the Chelsea game I often speak to a few arl arses on the train, and we all agreed he had a really good first half, but faded ( mind you, some of the younger lads from Maghull looked at us as though we were barmy when we were praising DCL so it's all about opinions ). Anyway, it was a bit of a surprise to come on here and see the consensus seemed to be he wasn't up to much and needed shipping out on loan. It's possible he might go out on loan next season, but that'll depend on who we sign, but I suspect he'll figure in the first team a fair bit next season.

I also, fairly recently, spoke to someone who's seen him in training and has a vague idea of what the coaching staff think of him, and they certainly think he has what it takes. He's not got the sheer class that someone like Rooney had at an early age, and he might not make it at the highest level, but I think he's in with a very good chance of doing so.I reckon if he tried a few stepovers and dropped his shoulder to go past someone once or twice many would be drooling about him, but, because he's not blond and foreign, people aren't really looking very closely at the whole package.

Mind you, @Eggs doesn't seem that impressed with DCL, and he knows a damn sight more about footie than I do, so that's a worry !

Haha, that's brilliant !
Mind you, I rather hope the mods had a sense of humour bypass and stuck you in Gulag for a few days as a lesson not to be such a smartarse :)

@blueloon and @blueblue have, between them summed up what i'm about to say, but I'll say it anyway.

I've seen him play a few times for the U23's and, from there, he's the best of our attacking options. Dowell might, superficially, catch the eye more, and his day will probably come, but, at the moment Calvert-Lewin's a more rounded option. He's not big enough, yet, to lead the line on his own in the Premier League, but I can see him playing a supporting role at the top level.

He's been finding his feet in the Premier League,but, unlike the majority on here, I've seen a lot of good things he's done, both on, and off the ball. Going home from the Chelsea game I often speak to a few arl arses on the train, and we all agreed he had a really good first half, but faded ( mind you, some of the younger lads from Maghull looked at us as though we were barmy when we were praising DCL so it's all about opinions ). Anyway, it was a bit of a surprise to come on here and see the consensus seemed to be he wasn't up to much and needed shipping out on loan. It's possible he might go out on loan next season, but that'll depend on who we sign, but I suspect he'll figure in the first team a fair bit next season.

I also, fairly recently, spoke to someone who's seen him in training and has a vague idea of what the coaching staff think of him, and they certainly think he has what it takes. He's not got the sheer class that someone like Rooney had at an early age, and he might not make it at the highest level, but I think he's in with a very good chance of doing so.I reckon if he tried a few stepovers and dropped his shoulder to go past someone once or twice many would be drooling about him, but, because he's not blond and foreign, people aren't really looking very closely at the whole package.

Mind you, @Eggs doesn't seem that impressed with DCL, and he knows a damn sight more about footie than I do, so that's a worry !

..ah no, I like the lad. In fact I said he'd break into the side in December and was proved right. The only concern I have is that I'm not seeing him produce a bit of magic yet, a "that'll do me" moment as I call it. Forwards at the top level need that bit of magic. For me, DC-L is a target man with very good back to goal technique. Clearly those working with him like him lots and he comes across as a really bright boy.

I'm happy he's been rewarded, I'll be happier when I see a "that'll do me moment".

40k a week?!

That's hardly chicken feed even if we are looking to hand out some big contracts. The kid has proven nothing yet and may not even be part of the first-team next season. Silly.

Deli ali contract is 55k a week... let that sink in for a moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back