Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.. First Barkley now Calvert-Lewin.. There must be a severe case of a Delusion of Superiority doing the rounds at Goodison.

He forgot to say that he wanted Champions League Football and that he was not sure if the Club shared his ambitions.

Maybe if we gave them a lot more money it would help.

Last edited:
1) With regards to the contract - read the links lads. Infact just hovering your mouse over it and looking at the URL would be enough.

2) He played really well in the first half against Chelsea. Not easy for anyone to play with the discipline and positional sense that he needed to do the job he did on Moses, never mind a young striker playing out of position. No way Kev or Lookman could have done that job, thats why he was picked ahead of them. He understands the game, works hard, has a good touch, and isn't even playing in his favoured position. We looked much better in the Goodison derby before he had to go off. He's a good player, possibly a lot more to come from him - give him a chance.

40k a week?!

That's hardly chicken feed even if we are looking to hand out some big contracts. The kid has proven nothing yet and may not even be part of the first-team next season. Silly.

Soooooooo.....Everton tie in a player who the management think is promising and looks like he might have a good future and wait for it..........."what we giving him 40K a week for?" blah blah blah............."he's not that good"....etc etc......they actually cannot do right for doing wrong at Everton with some of you.

Soooooooo.....Everton tie in a player who the management think is promising and looks like he might have a good future and wait for it..........."what we giving him 40K a week for?" blah blah blah............."he's not that good"....etc etc......they actually cannot do right for doing wrong at Everton with some of you.

Agreed - if DCL goes onto prosper and we didnt sign him on a new contract early - we would be complaining about how we have let such a good prospect run his contract down to 12 months ala Barkley. Hopefully this can be a sensible and measured approach we do in future.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/02/everton-tie-dominic-calvert-lewin-long-term-deal/

So DCL is highly rated by Walsh, Unsworth and Koeman, and might get a promotion to the England U21s for their Euros, and was wanted by Arsenal.

But they all don't know better than a few "i want it now" bedwetters on the internet do they.

Some of them are clearly just using it as another stick to try and beat Koeman with. Others just aren't that bright enough to suss your post out, don't confuse them :p

I base my opinion of him on what I've seen him do up front for the U23's rather than his left-wing-ish performances. We don't see him in training so we can't see his ability ceiling like the club can. Just let the lad get on with his game.

1) With regards to the contract - read the links lads. Infact just hovering your mouse over it and looking at the URL would be enough.

2) He played really well in the first half against Chelsea. Not easy for anyone to play with the discipline and positional sense that he needed to do the job he did on Moses, never mind a young striker playing out of position. No way Kev or Lookman could have done that job, thats why he was picked ahead of them. He understands the game, works hard, has a good touch, and isn't even playing in his favoured position. We looked much better in the Goodison derby before he had to go off. He's a good player, possibly a lot more to come from him - give him a chance.

3) His Bird is a dead set Corker

In terms of physical attributes, he is the sort of player I like. Tall, angular, pacey, what would be referred to as "dynamic".

We have struggled for a long time in the squad with lack of height in particular and players who have very short strides.

I can see why he is highly thought of, but not sure if he will develop into a goalscorer of any note though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back