Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

I suppose in mitigation he looks a striker to me, but is being played out wide like Rashford and Marial to an extent, since Ibra got injured both look much improved players as centre forwards. Managers I think like to do this with young for ads to improve the faience in their game, running channels etc.

I suppose it's of little risk for the club, if he doesn't develop he will be sold to the championship if he does then boss. Seems to me this is the recruitment strategy we are following. I do think we rate him though number and profile of games he has played would indicate that. He must bury them in training.

Maybe. But he's got it all to do. If he's being lined up as a replacement or one of the replacements for Lukaku I;m very concerned.

In two years time we'll all be beside ourselves with worry that Chelsea are gonna nick him off us to replace the Anderlecht bound Lukaku. Trust me on this.;)

"EXCLUSIVE: Arsenal handed transfer blow as Everton tie down starlet

EVERTON have fought off interest from Arsenal by tying young hotshot striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin to a new five-year deal.

By David Woods / Published 2nd May 2017

Everton-star-Dominic-Calvert-Lewin-610695.jpg

Everton star Dominic Calvert-Lewin has been linked with Arsenal
The 20-year-old already had three years left on his current contract, but the new one up until 2022 has seen his wages bumped up to around £40,000 a week.

Calvert-Lewin made his Premier League debut against the Gunners in December and boss Arsene Wenger is a fan of the England Under-20 striker.

He has made ten appearances in the top flight this season, four of them starts, and bagged his first Premier League goal in the 4-0 victory over Hull in March.

Although boss Ronald Koeman has been playing Calvert-Lewin wide, his natural position is as a central striker.

And with doubts over the future of 25-goal hitman Romelu Lukaku, the Goodison club were particular keen to extend the exciting young talent to a much longer contract.

Calvert-Lewin has a great striking pedigree, growing up on the same Hillsborough estate as Leicester and England’s Jamie Vardy.

Like Vardy he also served an apprenticeship in non-League, with a spell with Conference North outfit Stalybridge Celtic as a 17-year-old.

He then joined Sheffield United, who sold him to Everton last summer for £1.5m."

not aiming this just at him, but why do youngsters get given bumper contracts so easily these days? Is there some sort of unwritten rule that if they play so many games for the first team they activate a clause? It just seems that any youngster in the prem gets offered a new contract (usually 4 or 5 years too) in their breakthrough season, but why? I can hardly have seen clubs queuing up to take him off us, he's only played about 5 games. I'm all for loyalty, but i think clubs show too much loyalty at times these days, a lot of players seem to get new contracts very frequently after a good season, for example.

not aiming this just at him, but why do youngsters get given bumper contracts so easily these days? Is there some sort of unwritten rule that if they play so many games for the first team they activate a clause? It just seems that any youngster in the prem gets offered a new contract (usually 4 or 5 years too) in their breakthrough season, but why? I can hardly have seen clubs queuing up to take him off us, he's only played about 5 games. I'm all for loyalty, but i think clubs show too much loyalty at times these days, a lot of players seem to get new contracts very frequently after a good season, for example.

Learned from being scorned by Dan Gosling?

I don't think it's anything to do with loyalty. The club obviously rate him and want to secure him longer term. I don't see it at the moment but you never know.

You can all vault me if I'm wrong, but in a couple of years, some posters on here are going to look a bit silly.
This lad is going to be good, very good.

What makes you think that Woolly?

I think fans who have seen a bit of him with the u23s would probably have a better idea of his game. I don't really have a clue yet, look forward to seeing more of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back