Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
...no he hasn't, except for the U23s. Technically he's more Graham Sharp in that he appears a conventional target man who will bring others into the game and link play.
Player there was the same when he started out Sharp didn't look anything till Eastoe played along side him.
Southall another one didn't set the world on fire at the start.
How anyone can say he isn't this or that after a few games out of position in i don't know, in the middle for the 23's he looks a good player.

I wonder who was the other club interested in him? I know Arsenal were sniffing round last summer...

I believe he is gonna be a good target man for us

Football fans in having an opinion shocker.

Perhaps opinion forums aren't for you, mate?

I don't think I mentioned not having an opinion as one of the rules

It's the over-criticising and over-judging

He is young, has played very little in his first season in the Prem league and it's not very clear to many as to what his strongest attributes are. Thats about all there is to say. The rest remains to be seen.

However talking about him proving you wrong?! Absolutely laughable.

Laughable

How anyone can say he isn't this or that after a few games out of position in i don't know, in the middle for the 23's he looks a good player.

Because it's imperative for the modern fan to hold an opinion on everything, even when they don't have a clue and the opinion must be shared!

God forbid we could just say I'm not sure and let's see, when that is actually the sum total of what you can say.

Because it's imperative for the modern fan to hold an opinion on everything, even when they don't have a clue and the opinion must be shared!

God forbid we could just say I'm not sure and let's see, when that is actually the sum total of what you can say.

This must also apply to everyone who thinks he's going to be a really good player then..

He's in the Everton side. The actual Everton side. People can pass opinion on him on a forum. As long as he gets support on the terraces, I'm sure he couldn't give a monkeys about some fans on the internet.

Koeman didn't play youth at Southampton because they weren't good enough. Any young player getting a game under Koeman after his first few months means he likes what he sees.

We've had some not so good players here for such a long time and this lad gets some stick in his first few games. I'd rather see Dom in the side than Mirallas given his 1000th chance to prove something.

Player there was the same when he started out Sharp didn't look anything till Eastoe played along side him.
Southall another one didn't set the world on fire at the start.

...I agree, he has attributes that we haven't played to as yet. He's been a square peg in a round hole to date even if we haven't seen that bit of magic as yet.

He must be very highly rated, I think his attributes aren't always visible certainly consistently they don't jump out at you right now. He must do remeradle things in training and coaches know he's gifted, Koeman is no fool.

Remember Dowell starting his attributes would jump out and grab, you couldn't say the same for DCL. He is a sleeper, I suspect he will explode as a player of immense talent.

He must be very highly rated, I think his attributes aren't always visible certainly consistently they don't jump out at you right now. He must do remeradle things in training and coaches know he's gifted, Koeman is no fool.

Remember Dowell starting his attributes would jump out and grab, you couldn't say the same for DCL. He is a sleeper, I suspect he will explode as a player of immense talent.
Dowell is head and shoulders above this lad. Anyone who's seen that lad play and who has half a clue can see he has vision and can execute.

He needs game time at the top level. Hopefully he gets that in the summer.

Dowell is head and shoulders above this lad. Anyone who's seen that lad play and who has half a clue can see he has vision and can execute.

He needs game time at the top level. Hopefully he gets that in the summer.

LOL

Hes really not.

Hes unlikely to make it any higher than League One.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back