Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dowell is head and shoulders above this lad. Anyone who's seen that lad play and who has half a clue can see he has vision and can execute.

He needs game time at the top level. Hopefully he gets that in the summer.

That remains to be seen mate, I like Dowel and when he wasn't a "name" I was always left feeling he was the best player on the pitch after going to youth games. I hope he makes it, he reminds me of Steve Macmanamen over at Oslo, just more composed and defter.

I just believe DCL has something exceptional, I haven't seen or be grasped by it yet, but the faith and chance showed in him isn't easily earned or given at Everton. Especially starting the Derby. There has to be and I suspect something exceptional there.

That remains to be seen mate, I like Dowel and when he wasn't a "name" I was always left feeling he was the best player on the pitch after going to youth games. I hope he makes it, he reminds me of Steve Macmanamen over at Oslo, just more composed and defter.

I just believe DCL has something exceptional, I haven't seen or be grasped by it yet, but the faith and chance showed in him isn't easily earned or given at Everton. Especially starting the Derby. There has to be and I suspect something exceptional there.
I hope you;re right about C-L. I honestly dont get it myself. I see nothing exceptional at all. I dont think he has vision and I dont see where he improves us. Maybe he's a willing runner and shows for the ball but I'm flummoxed about the attraction here.

I stand to be vaulted willingly if he does anything special for us.

The amount of big game exposure he has had would indicate that we can see something in him.

Best time to give him exposure with the season over.
I thought he did well 1st half on Sunday. Certainly no worse than Valencia and Kone was Kone.

Hopefully he continues to grow into a very useful centre forward. I think a pacey workhorse around him would bring his game on massively.

I don't think he compliments Lukaku and vice versa.

Dowell is head and shoulders above this lad. Anyone who's seen that lad play and who has half a clue can see he has vision and can execute.

He needs game time at the top level. Hopefully he gets that in the summer.
I completely agree about Dowell, this lad has got a football brain and will only get better playing with top players. Nothing to lose, let's seem him in the last few games of the season. As for Calvert-Lewin he may have something but its too early to say, but i'd prefer Dowell was given an opportunity to be honest.

LOL

Hes really not.

Hes unlikely to make it any higher than League One.

It's obviously just another angle of attack on Koeman, as proven quite obviously here -

He wont make it under a manager who doesn't value creativity as much as he values blood sweat and tears.

Actually would be willing to put money on he has has never seen Dowell in more than 5 minute highlights.

So he hasn't set the world alight... Even though the games the lad is getting judged on were against RS, Chelsea and a Utd cameo. Jesus Christ. Let's be honest he probably offers the same amount of output as Mirallas does these days, yet one seems to be adored by most Everton fans despite his Everton career being stale for a while now, and the other, who could have a bright future at Everton, is getting slated.

He faded on Sunday but I have two memories from his performance that stick out to me. First is him absolutely skinning Azpilicueta (I think?) and taking Courtois by surprise with the shot, and if Rom reacts to the rebound quicker it's a goal.
Second one is the ball getting cleared out of our box, him bringing it down with a brilliant touch, looking up and finding a pass which sparked a counter attack for us.

The other times he's started at Goodison I've been impressed with his touch and he has a little bit of skill about him. Scored on his first start for us too.

The stick he's getting is absolutely ridiculous. The squad is threadbare, of course he's not ready for regular PL football. I've seen people saying he wouldn't get on RS, Spurs or Arsenal bench. Well duh. Guess what, Alexander Trent whatever his name is wouldn't get on our bench either. Neither would that Holding lad that's played a couple of games for Arsenal this year.

I'm just posting this because I'm utterly confused there's been such a bad reaction to him. I can't be the only one, it's baffling. Get behind the lad.

I hope you;re right about C-L. I honestly dont get it myself. I see nothing exceptional at all. I dont think he has vision and I dont see where he improves us. Maybe he's a willing runner and shows for the ball but I'm flummoxed about the attraction here.

I stand to be vaulted willingly if he does anything special for us.

I suppose in mitigation he looks a striker to me, but is being played out wide like Rashford and Marial to an extent, since Ibra got injured both look much improved players as centre forwards. Managers I think like to do this with young for ads to improve the faience in their game, running channels etc.

I suppose it's of little risk for the club, if he doesn't develop he will be sold to the championship if he does then boss. Seems to me this is the recruitment strategy we are following. I do think we rate him though number and profile of games he has played would indicate that. He must bury them in training.

This must also apply to everyone who thinks he's going to be a really good player then..

He's in the Everton side. The actual Everton side. People can pass opinion on him on a forum. As long as he gets support on the terraces, I'm sure he couldn't give a monkeys about some fans on the internet.

Again, passing opinion. I haven't said people shouldnt pass opinion.

You've basically just repeated the reply from the other poster

No issues at all with him getting a new contract but I do still think a loan next season is the best option for him.
Totally agree.
I think he looks a little sketchy at the moment but it's completely understandable.
Looking forward to him getting some composure, either developing that here or with a stint away getting regular game time.

Sorry but I just don't see anything in him as yet.

I know that makes me an awful fan.

No idea why the need to pass judgement. The lad has played significant minutes in three games. Scored in one of those. The others were at the pit and this weekend against Chelsea.

Not exactly sure what you are expecting out of a 20 year old center forward playing out of position.

No idea why the need to pass judgement. The lad has played significant minutes in three games. Scored in one of those. The others were at the pit and this weekend against Chelsea.

Not exactly sure what you are expecting out of a 20 year old center forward playing out of position.

You can only pass judgement if you can see something in him really good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back