Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
No wonder our young players falter when after 10 games he's being written off. The people who have made up their minds already will only change their opinion if he does something special, so they can say 'I told you so'.

We never, ever encourage our young players. It's always doubt, misery, negativity.

As soon as Davies has a dip in form the vultures will be out in their droves. No doubt about it. I just hope he's strong enough mentally to overcome abuse from thousands of brain dead wasters in the stands.

You know what Lefty, I said something similar back when Pennington and Holgate played together. The derby was a lesson for them, a horrible one, but one they have to face at some point, when it came to our home game (against Burnley or Bournemouth), after like 15 minutes people were moaning and groaning at any little slip up. Thankfully jags tried to keep them composed. Just don't get how we slag our own off at times - utter madness.

You know what Lefty, I said something similar back when Pennington and Holgate played together. The derby was a lesson for them, a horrible one, but one they have to face at some point, when it came to our home game (against Burnley or Bournemouth), after like 15 minutes people were moaning and groaning at any little slip up. Thankfully jags tried to keep them composed. Just don't get how we [Poor language removed] our own off at times - utter madness.
good points mate. he hasnt even been played in his favourite position either. too many of are fans are quick to get on players backs

You know what Lefty, I said something similar back when Pennington and Holgate played together. The derby was a lesson for them, a horrible one, but one they have to face at some point, when it came to our home game (against Burnley or Bournemouth), after like 15 minutes people were moaning and groaning at any little slip up. Thankfully jags tried to keep them composed. Just don't get how we [Poor language removed] our own off at times - utter madness.
I don't understand the logic behind it. Fair enough if it's a seasoned international player who's not justifying his price tag (but only to an extent), but young players need encouragement and to be able to make mistakes and learn from them. Effing and jeffing just destroys their confidence.

I don't understand the logic behind it. Fair enough if it's a seasoned international player who's not justifying his price tag (but only to an extent), but young players need encouragement and to be able to make mistakes and learn from them. Effing and jeffing just destroys their confidence.

As a little side note, DCL played okay I thought, he is a young lad playing against the champions elect out of position, once more to accommodate a forward who wants out. Maybe sacrifice Romelu and play DCL in the middle, after all Romelu is as good as gone in his own head.

This was another game where the two players who consider themselves UCL players went missing - rom and ross. Maybe instead of blaming DCL, maybe we should ask questions of Koeman ? After all he chooses the team.

Now that Chelsea is out the way, I would like us to go with DCL centre, lookman left and sambou right. Play Gana, tom and morgan behind them for defensive support to the team. Look to the future now, just like rom and ross appear to be.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dominic-calvert-lewin-line-new-12976234

New deal for him.

Suppose the club must see something that many fans don't.

Hopefully he improves and proves us all wrong.

Hopefully so - he has the physique to prosper in this league and in the first 25 minutes gave one of the best CBs in Azpilicueta a good battle. At the very least - we are protecting him from a potential cheap move away in the near future if he prospers.

...I haven't seen a "that'll do me moment" on the pitch but he has got good target man technique so I think there could be something there. He's also got good size to him and he's useful in the air so I can see why the club might want to tie him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back