Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose. I just don't get it.

I do find it a little strange that his longest two appearances were against Liverpool and Chelsea. The manager putting an awful lot of pressure on a young lad.

True that about the pressure but also shows trust, good experience for him, even if he was poor. The experience Koeman has handed young players this season is a real credit to him, its not like it has hurt us as far as league place has been.

True that about the pressure but also shows trust, good experience for him, even if he was poor. The experience Koeman has handed young players this season is a real credit to him, its not like it has hurt us as far as league place has been.
He's obviously doing something special in training, just needs that goal for confidence. Don't believe he should be starting tho. Especially in the games he has started.

I like the lad and feel he should be given time. He's still young and learning his trade and the more game time he gets I feel he'll improve. Don't think his performance Sunday was as bad as people make out. He was obviously given a job to do which I thought he did well.
Measuring him against other youngsters playing in different positions is an unfair assessment.
Give him time and let's see in 12 months time if he develops and then decide.

Was he poor though?

He was no worse than anyone else.

He's been given a run and I'd rather it be him playing now than someone who isn't gonna be here next season and has been crap when they have played.

Season is over, lets just let him get some good numbers under his belt.

Looks easily good enough to be a prem player, and he is a striker rememeber.

I think he's shown a lot of potential in his hold-up play. He can bring the ball down well on his chest, he can get it to his feet, and he can lay off accurately. Also disagree with those saying he's not quick. Showed a smart turn of pace a few times. He's not a winger, but lots of promising youngsters start off in different positions. Part of their development. Gerrard used to play a lot at RB for example. If Lukaku does get sold he might have an important role to play next year playing as a target man bringing others in to play.

absolutely nothing personal against the lad here and he is young so obviously can improve, but.... what actually is he good at? not a single time have I seen him play and thought oh eyar looks alright him, hope im proven wrong like but just don't get what he does on the pitch, or what his preferred role is? doesn't seem to know what he's doing himself

I just think the manager is being dead weird insisting on playing him in every single big game, he was playing for Northampton Town last season. He clearly needs a loan next season to play as a striker.

I don't think he looks ready and I question why he's been playing in the big games, but having minutes under his belt will be good for his development in the long run and this is a good thing I guess.

Still think he'll need a loan next season as I'll be pretty disappointed if we go into next season and we're in a position where he is playing a lot of games as we need proven quality rather than just a bit of potential.

He looks like potential target man type player, but he's a fair way off what we need just yet

Maybe a loan back to Sheff United on the Championship would be an idea? Where he can play as the striker he so obviously is.

Could actually see DCL and Billy Sharp scoring a shed load for them as a pairing.

No wonder our young players falter when after 10 games he's being written off. The people who have made up their minds already will only change their opinion if he does something special, so they can say 'I told you so'.

We never, ever encourage our young players. It's always doubt, misery, negativity.

As soon as Davies has a dip in form the vultures will be out in their droves. No doubt about it. I just hope he's strong enough mentally to overcome abuse from thousands of brain dead wasters in the stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back