Match Thread Doncaster Rovers vs Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know how lower league teams raise their game when playing at home against Premier League sides and I sometimes wonder how it effects the players of the away side.
That it effected the whole bleedin’ team should stop you wondering how bad we were, they couldn’t play that bad again if they were paid to!!

Andy

If you haven't done so already, i think we'd all be ok if you passed on our best wishes and hope for a speedy recovery to Paul from everyone on GOT who has ever interacted with him. Sorry to hear this news. Pass on my personal best wishes to him when you see him please.
I’ll be speaking to him later today and will most certainly pass on yours and everybody else’s kind comments 👍👍👍

Mate they are bottom of league two. We had at least 5 or 6 regular starters. The first half was as bad as the mitch ward carl tiler era.
If we cant shake it up and play a few players from the squad and look that bad its a bit of a concern.
I wasn’t trying to justify it, just pointing it out.

i cant remember a worse performance than that 1st half and I have been going since 1975

Gueye for me, you could see the difference in calmness in midfield, we can’t have Onana and Garner without him.
I think he allowed the team to use Beto, otherwise it would have been the same headless chickens running around the midfield and hoofball.

It's great to get a win finally, but that was an abysmal showing by our mighty warriors against low-level opposition. Well done Arnaut Danjuma and Beto for scoring against a team that 'in old money' are what? Bottom of the 4th Division?

Jesus wept.. shoot me now.
I have no idea what football is meant to be anymore if Myko has made team of the round while playing like the kid you find at side of pitch Monday night 7s when you're a man short.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230901_081832_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20230901_081832_X.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 25

just seen the result. Expected a loss so am made up our brave lionhearts contrived some sort of win. Doncaster are a decent side and our victory against them lends me heart toward us getting out of the PL relegation zone before the end of this season.
Bleach stings my eyes, so I I shan't be watching, nor closely following, a single minute of our lionhearts' season, but I hope they are not in division two when the new stadium is ready. Today's result lends me optimism that we can head off Burnley in attaining a creditable 17th position this PL season.

NSNO

Jesus wept.. shoot me now.
I have no idea what football is meant to be anymore if Myko has made team of the round while playing like the kid you find at side of pitch Monday night 7s when you're a man short.
Because he had a decent game overall.

His 'sh*te' performance has been massively over-egged by a decent section of the fanbase.

I'm not saying he was great, at all, but he wasn't terrible either..

Manager losing the dressing room again. If that was the case keep the manager and get rid of the deadwood.
Think that's an ongoing problem, somehow we get rid of a few only to replace with similar.

Changing manager every season is part of the problem, but we were embarrassing in the first half.

Dyche on very thin ice...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.