Confirmed Signing Donny van de Beek

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeah exactly

VDB was brought through in the same way. However, do think he has more to his all-round game and hopefully Lampard's system will suit
The bits I've seen of him, he seemed to be a bit similar to Lampard.

Lampard the player that is. I'm not suggesting Frank wants him as assisstant manager.

At Ajax, Van de Beek played as a central midfielder. The Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo writes that he plays a more offensive role compared to his counterparts on other teams.[54] According to former Ajax manager Frank de Boer, Van de Beek plays best at the number six position.[24] Goal.com described Van de Beek as a player who has "excellent control and a great eye for a pass as he links up with the attack and is dangerous as he makes runs into the box".[55] While playing for the Ajax academy, he was compared with Davy Klaassen. However, Van de Beek rejected the comparison and said that he was a player who wanted to keep the ball at his feet.[9] Former Ajax captain Joël Veltman described Van de Beek as a player who "works very hard and can play between the lines"

Van de Beek played a pivotal role as the attacking midfielder for Ajax in the 2018–19 season

Doesnt sound like a 6 to me., we can ignore FDB cos hes a stinky manager.

We can go back and forth or we can both admit, which I did yesterday, that I know very little or have watched very little of the player.

For me hes a number 8, hes played only number 8 for United.

Of course he can play the number 6, but has yet to in this League.

Hope this finds you well.
Mr Oracle using Google search really?

My info is coming from Ajax fans who have watched him since his youth days they claim stats wise he played his best football deeper as a 6 but can also play further up

He talks about this in a interview with Rio Ferdinand

Mr Oracle using Google search really?

My info is coming from Ajax fans who have watched him since his youth days they claim stats wise he played his best football deeper as a 6 but can also play further up

He talks about this in a interview with Rio Ferdinand
We can go back and forth or we can both admit, which I did yesterday, that I know very little or have watched very little of the player.

So before moving to man United this was his stats for Ajax:

23 years old. 19/20 season : 37 apps, 10 goals and 11 assists.

22 years old. 18/19 season: 57 apps,17 goals and 14 assists.

21 years old. 17/18 season: 39 apps, 13 goals and 6 assists.

20 years old. 16/17 season: 48 apps, 6 goals and 11 assists.

Also he’s never played as a proper defensive 6, more of an 8 or a 10 and played those roles equally and hasn’t got an outstanding role between them two

So before moving to man United this was his stats for Ajax:

23 years old. 19/20 season : 37 apps, 10 goals and 11 assists.

22 years old. 18/19 season: 57 apps,17 goals and 14 assists.

21 years old. 17/18 season: 39 apps, 13 goals and 6 assists.

20 years old. 16/17 season: 48 apps, 6 goals and 11 assists.

Also he’s never played as a proper defensive 6, more of an 8 or a 10 and played those roles equally and hasn’t got an outstanding role between them two
This is where the Klaassen comparisons come in though. He's also put up figures in the Dutch league and it didn't translate at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back