Confirmed Signing Donny van de Beek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently United dont think he can handle the pace of the English game that’s why he’s not been used.
Then why on earth are they refusing a buy clause

'However, despite their best efforts, United rejected Everton’s request to insert a to a right-to-buy clause in the deal.

That suggests the club still believe Van de Beek has a future at Old Trafford, despite the fact he’s made just four Premier League starts in 18 months at the club.'

I mean hes instantly our best midfielder.
not to difficult to become our best midfielder. Godfrey would be our best midfielder if pushed forward. Richarlson would our best if dropped back.
Anyhow.......let's hope that a few of our midfielders now up their game. Now that they will be playing for one of the best PL midfielders in recent times. Surely our lot have the inclination to improve their game.

You think you do Mr know it all

He actually played better as a dm at Ajax with De Jong and Tadic ahead of him
At Ajax, Van de Beek played as a central midfielder. The Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo writes that he plays a more offensive role compared to his counterparts on other teams.[54] According to former Ajax manager Frank de Boer, Van de Beek plays best at the number six position.[24] Goal.com described Van de Beek as a player who has "excellent control and a great eye for a pass as he links up with the attack and is dangerous as he makes runs into the box".[55] While playing for the Ajax academy, he was compared with Davy Klaassen. However, Van de Beek rejected the comparison and said that he was a player who wanted to keep the ball at his feet.[9] Former Ajax captain Joël Veltman described Van de Beek as a player who "works very hard and can play between the lines"

Van de Beek played a pivotal role as the attacking midfielder for Ajax in the 2018–19 season

Doesnt sound like a 6 to me., we can ignore FDB cos hes a stinky manager.

We can go back and forth or we can both admit, which I did yesterday, that I know very little or have watched very little of the player.

For me hes a number 8, hes played only number 8 for United.

Of course he can play the number 6, but has yet to in this League.

Hope this finds you well.

Then why on earth are they refusing a buy clause

'However, despite their best efforts, United rejected Everton’s request to insert a to a right-to-buy clause in the deal.

That suggests the club still believe Van de Beek has a future at Old Trafford, despite the fact he’s made just four Premier League starts in 18 months at the club.'
Agreeing a fee now is only of benefit to Everton not Utd. If he does well here, could open a bidding war etc. If we're willing to take him on without the clause why would they allow it?

I didn’t mind Klassen but he was playing a one touch pass and move game and the other 10 players were playing something completely different.
yeah exactly

VDB was brought through in the same way. However, do think he has more to his all-round game and hopefully Lampard's system will suit

Agreeing a fee now is only of benefit to Everton not Utd. If he does well here, could open a bidding war etc. If we're willing to take him on without the clause why would they allow it?
You don't have to agree a fee for a buy option to be in place tbf. A lot of the time it's just first refusal, really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back