2021/22 Donny van de Beek

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Leeds git the bar the second time the ball arrives to him and in what is a tense moment, having nearly conceded, he found the time to calmly put us on the counter attack, resulting in a Leeds player committing a foul and giving us a chance to slow the game down.
;) that for me was one of the best moments of the match, out of me seat punching the air when the free was given
donnie is clearing out the wobbles

Just a shame he hasn't got a turn of pace.
Doesn't really need it with his football brain, he's not terribly slow and his reading of the game means he often finds himself some space and nearly always knows when a penetrating pass is on. I think his quality is just what we are missing, unfortunately, I think it is highly unlikely that we will be able to buy him. Any new manager coming in to the United job, especially if it is, as rumoured, Ten Haag, will definitely want to give him at least until January to see what he is capable of.

Van de Beek became Lampard's first Everton signing after joining on loan from Manchester United for the rest of the season on Deadline Day.

Frank Lampard on VdBeek.

The Dutchman, who struggled to break into the starting XI at United, was given his first Everton start against Leeds and excelled in central midfield as he helped the Toffees to a comfortable 3-0 win.

The 24-year-old's eye-catching performance came despite it being his first Premier League start of the season.

"He's a technical player but he matched the other players for work ethic. He gave us a sense of calm and he linked the play.

"He looked confident on the ball and that's exactly what I brought him here to do."

Van de Beek was deployed as a central midfielder alongside Allan in a 4-4-2 formation by Lampard for the win over Leeds.

The Netherlands international made his name as an attacking midfielder at Ajax, having scored 41 goals in all competitions over his final three seasons there before he joined United.

Questioned about his role under Lampard, the Englishman said: "I think he can do different roles and that's the beauty [of him] and why I moved so quickly to try and get him when I came in.

"I'm a big admirer of him as a player and I think he can do both roles for us. He played as one of two midfield players today and I know he's got the talent to link and get us through the lines of the pitch with his passing, and he also has the work ethic needed in that role.

"I think and I know he can do a higher role, and he's a goal threat too, so that's one of the big pulls of me bringing him in, knowing that he can bring different elements of his game to help us in different ways.

"When called upon to do that discipline role today, I thought he did it really well."

I don't doubt for one minute that the club will be working on Donny to go back to united and give serious consideration to his future. The players will be in his ear if he continues at the level he showed yesterday. The fans will play their part, as will the prospect of being part of the club moving to BMD under one of the best midfielders of his generation. I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

I don't doubt for one minute that the club will be working on Donny to go back to united and give serious consideration to his future. The players will be in his ear if he continues at the level he showed yesterday. The fans will play their part, as will the prospect of being part of the club moving to BMD under one of the best midfielders of his generation. I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

More than likely he will get more game time and put him in line for country call up.

Unfortunate that there is no option to buy. I know it’s very early still but would of been nice to have that option.

I worry more about Utd refusing to sell him to us than VDB not wanting to stay.

Utd/Arsenal have acted shamefully towards us for numerous squad players they dont play like Romero & Maitland Niles.

Only way we'll get him is by paying over the odds if VDB tells them he wants to stay and even then they'll likely let him rot on their bench than sell him to us.

Why I would flat oot refuse to do any business with them or Arsenal in the future in terms of our better players.

You want DCL teta? GTF lad
You want Gordon Utd? GTF

The decision will be down to DVB
United and Everton will have no say in the matter
. If he wants to stay at United that’s what he will do
If he wants to come here or go back to Holland or somewhere in Europe he and his agent will make it happen

Status
Not open for further replies.