2021/22 Donny van de Beek

Status
Not open for further replies.
This fan base is full of emotional wrecks. One day he’s the second coming of Christ and the next he’s useless.

It’s utterly embarrassing reading people gushing over players that have been around for five minutes.
It’s a joke, people never learn.

I remember Gomes first few games and some on here where saying he was one of the best players ever to play for us, seriously.

If they come in a play well, wait and see give them time.

If they come in and play bad, wait and see give them time.

I remember Gomes first few games and some on here where saying he was one of the best players ever to play for us, seriously.

I’ll admit that I was initially very much in the Gomes fan club. He had a bit of elegance that I was not used to seeing here.

I’ve learned my lesson now.

A prudent stance @CharliePotato for I have made several rash judgements in my time.
I ceased doing so during the sixties (Warning; arl git incoming) when three players shaped our destiny for a far too short a period.
One player arrived full of swagger and confidence and determination.
One arrived and initially looked lost and looked as though he wished to be somewhere else.
One was an academy product who was about to change the whole meaning of the number 10 role and needed acceptance.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Ball, Kendall and Harvey.
The rest, as they say, is geography.

Status
Not open for further replies.