2021/22 Donny van de Beek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t really get on the ball enough today or ply enough forward passes when he did. Game just kind of passed him by. Scary midfield shape today, left the defence facing wave after wave of counter attacks, lucky we didn’t concede 5, will do against a better team of we’re that wide open. Frank’s got a hard job to get the right balance in that midfield.

He didn't look after the ball as well. Then he stopped trying to play forward because the forwards were absolutely crap at holding it up properly. So it turned into a bit of mess for the team.

This fan base is full of emotional wrecks. One day he’s the second coming of Christ and the next he’s useless.

It’s utterly embarrassing reading people gushing over players that have been around for five minutes.
Weren't posters comparing him to Barry in his prime? lol I agree People need to let things play out a little before making grandiose declarations. For me I need a couple more games before i brand him the next Scholes.

Didn't play well (who did) but right until the end was the only one still showing for the ball, in this squad that's rare.

In the system we're trying to implement, he's the centre of it, but it requires players around him interlinking with him, yesterday no one did, Gordon had a very off game, Iwobi was 'ok' Richy and DCL poor, but Allan killed us first half as he was awful, and Gomes second half had one of the worst individual half's I've ever seen from a sub, literally should have been pulled off 5 minutes after that Clements talk.

Doubt we'll see him play again this season as think a huge part of Lampards comments was about him (the mentality and reaction comment)

This fan base is full of emotional wrecks. One day he’s the second coming of Christ and the next he’s useless.

It’s utterly embarrassing reading people gushing over players that have been around for five minutes.
You were gushing over Gomes for putting in a half decent shift against Brentford last week before he reverted to the type the majority of us know he is. That was embarrassing to read.

It's the type of behaviour that will continue to see Coleman playing and Kenny given a new contract

Thought he was fine today...Allan was dire and Gomes was his usual diabolical self.

One man midfield who looked worse than he actually was imo
impossible task when Alan went off. should really have kept to the 6 role from then on but instinct kicked in as there was no one else from midfield getting things moving forward. Gordon needed that platform but it never came. Gomes just refuse to rotate into an effective 6. lessons hopefully learnt.

for me the best midfield set up for the club, it just makes sense, is a 6 and two 8s
with players like Douc and Ali to come on when a tactical switch is needed.
the quality of the 8s to defend as well as attack is key to getting back on track - as Frank says, in order 'to play through the pressure'.

If the board is serious its all about spending big (only) on a 6 and 8s, before anything else is achieved.
It should be the final roll of the dice for them, time to move on if they can't achieve it.

Any ideas Zat on who these players could realistically be?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.