Drawing of Bilyaletdinov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seeing as everyone's getting worked up over the who financial state surrounding Everton at the minute, I think we should take some time out and show some love for our very own Bilythekid! ;)

So yeah, I've been trying to paint him for the past week (managed to fail at both attempts) so I've drawn him instead...
I'm really not sure why it looks so washed out :huh:

[video=youtube;L37OVAWfLwA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L37OVAWfLwA[/video]

I'm also rather excited that I'll have my very own website with my drawings on up and running soon!

Wow! Amazing picture and very hot to boot. Good work

are you critical of your work because you strive for perfection? you are amazingly talented, i hope you carry on with the Everton portraits for us.

Great stuff

:)

Can I ask, how long does it take you to complete a drawing, on average, based on a full size A3 pencil drawing like this one?

I used to draw a bit myself but I get frustrated far too easily... Also, Im very particular with where and when I can draw... tends to be that I have to draw late at night, and I usually prefer to draw sitting on my bed with my pad rested up against my knees, and I have to be watching Buffy Series 2....

...I'm not taking the piss BTW, this is all genuine, I'm told I have some OCD like tendencies...

Funnily enough, the last drawing I did, was for a woman i used to work with... She wanted me to draw a picture of her mother from an old black and white photo... I spent ages on it and it just didnt look right... I couldn't put my finger on it at first... and then it hit me... I had subconciously been drawing Sarah Michelle Gellar. The hair style, shape of face, etc, was all the lady I was supposed to be drawing, but there was a deffinite look of Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Anyway, I redid the whole thing and got it right 2nd time round, and the woman in work was made up with it, so it turned out OK in the end, but took me well longer than I had originally expected. Its funny how incredibly small the margins are for a drawing to look spot on, and completely wrong...

So as a fellow "sketcher" congratulations once more...

No-one could argue that that doesn't look like Bily.

It's deffo him.

:-D

P.S. Sorry for the essay, I tend to ramble...

Thank you, guys! :D
I'm well happy that Bily tweeted me!

Great stuff

:)

Can I ask, how long does it take you to complete a drawing, on average, based on a full size A3 pencil drawing like this one?
Thanks, it normally takes around 2 hours minimum, up to anything really depending on detail/what's being drawn. If it's just a simple portrait of one person it takes around 2- 2 & 1/2 hours. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.