Drenthe ..sacked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dushku

Player Valuation: £1m
We got word on the coach home that Royston had been sacked for being late for the game / team meeting prior to the match ?!! Now, this can't be a knee jerk reaction if true. it would most likeley be the culmination of a number of factors. I was told this 'compassionate leave' was surrounding a divorce and also maybe to shroud other nefarious misgivings...any one else heard owt ? :unsure::unsure:

He was Trouble with a capital T at Madrid, lest anyone forget, That's why they couldn't wait to get rid of him. Not surprised at all that his time with us seems to be going the same way...

and this would have an impact how the 11 on the pitch played or the direction given to them ?

Listen - I'm blaming the wife because she came back to early. I'm blaming the nieghbour because - well he lives next door and hes a **** - but..............Drenthe - if he's been sacked - so bloody what - we needed him, but as it stands we need at least 11 others

I hate today

I got a text before the game saying that Drenthe had been effectively told to **** off by Moyes after arriving very late for training yesterday. I didn't post it as I have no idea if it's true or not. Something has happened though.

I got a text before the game saying that Drenthe had been effectively told to **** off by Moyes after arriving very late for training yesterday. I didn't post it as I have no idea if it's true or not. Something has happened though.
moysie wouldnt do that. hes a world class man-manager and wouldve said to RR "listen lad, i want you to go out at wembley and tear them a new one, show me the real royston and we`ll talk about this on monday etc"

moysie wouldnt do that. hes a world class man-manager and wouldve said to RR "listen lad, i want you to go out at wembley and tear them a new one, show me the real royston and we`ll talk about this on monday etc"

I appreciate you're being ironic but to be fair, not many managers would say that in those circumstances. Most would tell him to [Poor language removed] right off there and then.

Even if it's not true and he's still on compassionate leave, I can't really see Moyes being happy about a player going missing at a crucial part of the season. Doesn't he avoid signing African players because of the ACON? Sadly, I don't think we'll be seeing him again next year.

As much as the game would have (probably) benefited from having Royston on the pitch at some point, we can't have players doing what he supposedly did. For our past present and future's sake. From that point of view not having him on the bench was absolutely correct and if this is all true I back Moyes 100%. As far as the individual game goes he would have been a great option to have but I prefer to think of Everton as more than just one game.

Still have Barkley over McFadden on there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back