Drenthe the enigma

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 agree with happy nick thought he should defo have had a pen, but he really annoys me when he doesn't play the easy option
Me too sometimes. Though I like it that he tries something different. But it annoys me when Neville, Coleman or Hibbert play the easy option straight into touch or straight to the opposition.

He's unpredictable and that's no bad thing in a very predictable team.

He should start every game and we have to accept he is bound to have a bad game or two, he'll win us more points than near enough every any other player in our team with his goals and assists though. He's technically excellent and he's done well for his first season in English football.

have to agree with this, teams double up on him because they know he'l run at him, he cant beat them every single time but he give it a go thats how he plays and its exciting as well as frustrating thats why you need a player like that.

i wish more evertonians thought like this, quite a few getting on his back today, maybe he should start hoofing the ball into no mans land, they seem to applaud that.

Not really.

There is nothing wrong with criticising a player's poor performance. He was s**t today, and it has nothing to do with his style of play. He was making basic mistakes, ignoring simple passes and not tracking back enough. He sat on the floor for about 15 seconds after stupidly losing the ball and Sunderland were off down towards our goal while he was trotting back like it was Sunday league.

The fact that he's a very entertaining and skillful player who takes risks does not excuse him being badly gash due to him not using his brain.

Stay on your feet lad, and stop the petulance when a player goes past. The ref had just given a free kick against Fellaini when he had ran around a player in a circle and nicked the ball, then 20 secs later Royston is grabbing someone as they go past... instant whistle.

It's games like today that will stop us from even attempting to sign him...... and others from too.

Fellaini was the same in his first season, so its all down to adapting to the game.

Its a pain in the arse to be fair. Well never have a balls out flair player given encouragment or free roam at this club

His falling about today was nothing short of disgraceful and embarrasing. He is 10 times the clown Ashley Young is, and I dislike AY more than anyone in the premiership.

He has a shed load of talent but his pathetic behaviour is beneath my club.

Bin him.

He's unpredictable and that's no bad thing in a very predictable team.

He should start every game and we have to accept he is bound to have a bad game or two, he'll win us more points than near enough every any other player in our team with his goals and assists though. He's technically excellent and he's done well for his first season in English football.

All of the above but especially the bit in bold. Who here remembers Pienarr's first season at Everton ?

Drenthe needs to learn that to get free kicks he needs to try and stay on his feet a bit more, that way the ref might take more notice when he does go down. Overall his work ethic is good and, when he was on the left, it was obvious that it had been drilled into him that, when Baines went forward, he sometimes needed to stay back to provide cover, for which he got some stick from some bad Ted's. I'll be gutted if he's not here next season. I expect to be gutted.

Because of the way he plays, if he has a bad game it will be shocking, he's the flair player of the side, and when you try things others can't do, sometimes they go badly wrong. Like Chico and Dave have said, he'll have more good games than bad, you've gotta roll with it I think. Certainly better than some of our other options, who are consistantly average.

Drenthe's looks and plays like a nutter. Wanders all over the place.

One way he would be any good for us would be to play him behind the striker and let him roam but get in and around the box. No good as a defender, no good as a winger.
If by some miraculous miracle we could leave someone up the field at corners etc., instead of dragging every player back, he would be the one.

I don't know what to do with him, and think now that I want to wait to make up my mind.

He does have a spark of creativity, and I love his passion. Watching him have a go at defenders and win is joyous, and his guile indeed helps our attack. He keeps you guessing with his runs, and when his dribbling is on, looks great.

At the same time, his ability to fall over drives me flipping nuts, and the pouting too. Plus, I agree with someone above that sometimes he takes far too long on the ball instead of laying off. Watching Baines have a go at him today too was a little off-putting. You kinda gotta try hard to [Poor language removed] Leighton Baines. Though then again, maybe he just misses Peanuts.

Argh. In the beginning of the season the good far outweighed the bad, but the last two games the bad has outweighed the good. Then again, it's just two games.

So far still in my good graces, but when he's defending I do have to admit I wince a lot.

Regardless, I also think he might not be one for Moyes.

he was a fuken disgrace today ,toys and dummies ,but i will still take him as ive said all along little bit of loving arm around the shoulder , i could just see bry clough with him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back