Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Dumb things you've done

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remembered reading a couple of pages in a newspaper of silly things you could do with knowing about in the event of that "thing" happening.
One was removing a lightbulb that had blown apart and removing it from the bulb holder. This entailed cutting a potato in half and pushing it onto the broken shards of the bulb and pushing it up to twist the remnants of the bulb off. So when the bulb in the bathroom blew and shattered, I remembered the advice and did as it recommended. Massive failure on all counts. As I stood on a unstable chair I pushed the spud on but as I did the chair wobbled and I managed to both electrocute myself as I hadn't flicked the switch off, and running my forefinger and thumb along the very thin and sharp remnants of the bulb. Cue lots and lots of blood.

As teenagers we would climb up and down anything that was high for dares, including pylons, quarry walls, cliff faces, trees and bridges.

It'd be called free climbing now.

It was lunacy and how no one died was a miracle.

Got a bit of a twist on with my mate in school can't recall what it was even about was a bit moody with him giving him the silent treatment , anyway was cleaning my hands of some paint we had been using in a science lesson and he asked me what it was I was using to get it off, just blanked him moved a bottle back onto a shelf said nothing and walked out.
He came out a minute later and he went to the toilet.
I just waited he came in red faced and rubbing his plumbs said that's weird it feels like its burning and was getting a bit worried, teacher came over and said what's wrong as his skin started to peel on his hands and down below as well I presume.
I don't know he said just washed my hands and it started, what did you use on your hands the teacher asked , nothing just the bottle of stuff edge has used as well, by this time he had tears steaming down his face, what was it the teacher said to me I said I hadn't used anything just soap and water but I did move a bottle of something by the sink,
show me what it was , I walked in said , sir it said its some type of acid so I moved it onto the self out of the way, oh look there it is he must have used that.
He was unharmed in the long run, but what a stupid thing to do sometimes wonder what was going on in my head when I was younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back