Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Dumb things you've done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a bit of a twist on with my mate in school can't recall what it was even about was a bit moody with him giving him the silent treatment , anyway was cleaning my hands of some paint we had been using in a science lesson and he asked me what it was I was using to get it off, just blanked him moved a bottle back onto a shelf said nothing and walked out.
He came out a minute later and he went to the toilet.
I just waited he came in red faced and rubbing his plumbs said that's weird it feels like its burning and was getting a bit worried, teacher came over and said what's wrong as his skin started to peel on his hands and down below as well I presume.
I don't know he said just washed my hands and it started, what did you use on your hands the teacher asked , nothing just the bottle of stuff edge has used as well, by this time he had tears steaming down his face, what was it the teacher said to me I said I hadn't used anything just soap and water but I did move a bottle of something by the sink,
show me what it was , I walked in said , sir it said its some type of acid so I moved it onto the self out of the way, oh look there it is he must have used that.
He was unharmed in the long run, but what a stupid thing to do sometimes wonder what was going on in my head when I was younger.
Acid was all the rage back then Edge

I wee'd in my mother in law's drink while she was in the toilets once at a pub, she thought the lager was a strange colour and drank it. When she drunk it and found out she got in a mood and left in her car leaving her husband with us in the pub, ended up tying his legs together and rolling him down the hill into a river at about 4 in the morning in the middle of Cheshire countryside and being so pissed that we thought he'd drowned. Will never forget me mate ringing the police and turning himself in because he'd 'rolled a fella into the sea and I think I've killed him'. I miss being 18. Because I was in a coma

Checks out.

Got a bit of a twist on with my mate in school can't recall what it was even about was a bit moody with him giving him the silent treatment , anyway was cleaning my hands of some paint we had been using in a science lesson and he asked me what it was I was using to get it off, just blanked him moved a bottle back onto a shelf said nothing and walked out.
I just waited he came in red faced and rubbing his plumbs said that's weird it feels like its burning and was getting a bit worried, teacher came over and said what's wrong as his skin started to peel on his hands and down below as well I presume.
I don't know he said just washed my hands and it started, what did you use on your hands the teacher asked , nothing just the bottle of stuff edge has used as well, by this time he had tears steaming down his face, what was it the teacher said to me I said I hadn't used anything just soap and water but I did move a bottle of something by the sink,
show me what it was , I walked in said , sir it said its some type of acid so I moved it onto the self out of the way, oh look there it is he must have used that.
He was unharmed in the long run, but what a stupid thing to do sometimes wonder what was going on in my head when I was younger.

Gives your 'no balls, no Everton shirt' undername much more significance.

...sending work e-mails to the wrong person.

On that note, I was Project Managing a new IT system and one consultant mistakingly sent me a text meant for his bit on the side. It was very rude. I mean very rude. He was in a right state when he realised. I admit to sharing it with a few people.

Kept getting letters off the tax to go down and sort my tax out, kept binning them.
After about 2 years my wife found one of the letters and kicked off. So I called the tax, made an appointment, turns out they owed me a few quid, not the other way round.

I was left unattended in the chem lab one afternoon and found myself mixing some high molar acids and bases and learned that very small amounts of chemicals don't necessarily make small reactions; they make small explosions. However, it's easy to tell where the unmixed portion landed because it burned the skin.

We were racing at Snetterton, setting up in the garages and I wanted to run a power cable from the garage to the truck/ living area but the cable I picked out had had one end removed to fit a standard 3 pin plug on, as all the sockets are round blue 16A ones, my bro in law set too replacing the plug. I thought I'd save a bit of time and plug my end into the mains. One loud shout later my bro in law went bananas at me, the shock gave him a pretty good kick. Some people are so touchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back