• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Duncan Ferguson got a job

He’s a poor manager.

He doesn’t have a style other than one dimensional, turgid hoofball, without much a plan.

I’d love him to come good, but I just can’t see it.

Went to the game. They were poor but to be honest, it's nothing to do with management and more to do with the quality of the players. He will struggle in this league with what they have but hopefully the owner will stick with him beyond this season.
You'd hope that's the reason they gave him the job anyway - not like he's come in and they've been failing, bad season so far meant that survival was a 'chance' at this point. Several games in hand and still last even before he came in...

Hahaha, those absolute ball achingly earnest hipsters will force him into Veganism. Poor Dunc.

Please relegate them.
I want him to be successful there but also go vegan.

No reason, his diet is his choice - but it'd be fantastic to see him in the Prem in 4 years with a daft haircut, a very trimmed beard and convincing people that veganism is great and they shouldn't eat meat.

The da's on here will have a meltdown about "proper man" Dunc not eating 10 lbs of meat a day lol

I want him to be successful there but also go vegan.

No reason, his diet is his choice - but it'd be fantastic to see him in the Prem in 4 years with a daft haircut, a very trimmed beard and convincing people that veganism is great and they shouldn't eat meat.

The da's on here will have a meltdown about "proper man" Dunc not eating 10 lbs of meat a day lol
Hadn't thought about it like that... MAKE IT SO!

I have an irrational dislike of FGR ever since I attended an event and one of their board / marketing types presented on their 'successful model' in one of the smuggest acts of being a self licking lollipop I've seen.

Run Dunc, run.

Hadn't thought about it like that... MAKE IT SO!

I have an irrational dislike of FGR ever since I attended an event and one of their board / marketing types presented on their 'successful model' in one of the smuggest acts of being a self licking lollipop I've seen.

Run Dunc, run.
Everton (and before them - Rangers) have taught me to look for banter opportunities in football, otherwise it's a bit boring innit?

Can I ask what you're basing that on?
Hasn't he only been in charge of 2 terrible teams for about 5 games?

I’ve watched him enough, he’s not a football manager.

Even Lampard had a style, just a really poor one. A person who’s been a coach for a decade must have some idea of how to set up, and I saw enough in the games against United, Arsenal and Villa that he was completely one dimensional in his tactics.

I’d like him to prove me wrong, but sadly can’t see it.

I’ve watched him enough, he’s not a football manager.

Even Lampard had a style, just a really poor one. A person who’s been a coach for a decade must have some idea of how to set up, and I saw enough in the games against United, Arsenal and Villa that he was completely one dimensional in his tactics.

I’d like him to prove me wrong, but sadly can’t see it.

So basing it on nothing and just your opinion then

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back