Duncan Ferguson - The Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester won the league having 30% possession in a lot of games. It might not be fashionable but there are more than one way to skin a cat. This season realistically is about not going down, playing that that every home game should yield enough points to ensure that. Will be interesting to see how he approaches the Man U game tbh.
I wasn’t criticising him, I think it was more of a necessity at the moment considering our centre half issues and lack of pace and guile in midfield. The one area we can hurt teams in attack. Richly and Dcl made it difficult for Chelsea on Saturday as a two and we have other forward options who would probably benefit with a partner up front.

I sincerely hope there is communication dribbling down from Moshiri & Co to the team regards the current managerial situation and the near future. If Duncan is to manage us until Christmas he needs the support from both up top and the players. To develop our game he needs time and effort from everyone and it wont come if they are as much in the know as us currently....

I wasn’t criticising him, I think it was more of a necessity at the moment considering our centre half issues and lack of pace and guile in midfield. The one area we can hurt teams in attack. Richly and Dcl made it difficult for Chelsea on Saturday as a two and we have other forward options who would probably benefit with a partner up front.

Not saying you were criticising mate ... I would much rather have 30% and hit on the break and look dengerous than tipppy tappy 60% possession football that is slow and toothless , like it has been since Bobby

Got goosebumps reading that!
FB_IMG_1575881431452.webp

Yeah and if the board do drag their heels and can’t find a good manager and he gets to continue this hard run if we get beat I hope it doesn’t turn ugly on him he inherited a team in 18th playing all the big six in a row what he did for us the weekend should be enough if we lose at Old trafford just once we show the same fight he should still be applauded but the knife will be well and truly stuck in by lads on here expecting ‘cone layer’ to be Jesus Christ.

Which is why Dave got volleyed all over the place on Saturday night.

It may have been measured at 30% but when you were watch it didn't 'look' like 30%
Because, if you know what you're actually watching, in your mind you take off most of the meaningless - me to you, you to me balls that comprised their 70%

...If you know what you are watching

This

Leicester may actually end up with a bigger points total that won them the league the other year and finish 8pts second

Excellent comments from someone who obviously knows the game. And I have a feeling we played in the same team once when I was full back in the first senior mens team I ever played for, could be wrong there but it's a hunch ;)

Duncan Ferguson’s timing and tactics are spot-on for Everton win

• Ferguson wore Howard Kendall’s old watch in 3-1 victory

Duncan Ferguson wore a trademark blue sweatband on his left wrist. On his right was an old Armani watch, broken and stuck at 8.15. It was not the sign of a managerial novice forgetting to use a stopwatch but another reminder, not that any more were required after a tumultuous defeat of Chelsea, of how much Everton means to the man in temporary charge.

“It’s Howard Kendall’s watch,” said Ferguson, the adrenaline still flowing an hour after Everton’s 3-1 win. “Lily [Kendall’s widow] came down and gave it to me to put on my wrist and wear it. Lily gave it to my wife this morning. She said she wanted me to wear it on the bench for Howard. I loved him. He was a diamond, wasn’t he? It was very emotional. It doesn’t work but there you go, it’s nice. It’s an amazing feeling. To get the result and you could just feel it in the stadium, couldn’t you? Everyone was so happy, everything went well.”

Loving this. ♡
Just been a lovely interview with Lily Kendall on talksport with Jim White. Not gonna lie, I shed a little tear. Love my club sometimes yenno. Thanks for putting a bit of pride back Big Man.

What a lovely thought . I wonder if Rhino got offered it when he was caretaker .
Has he spoken to why he fell in love with the club from day one ? Is it because we are awesome fans , the city , the manager or the fact we stuck by him during his legal troubles ?
I mean , he really loves this club .
All of the above. Duncan and Howard were VERY close. Dunc went to see Howard every Sunday to sit and chat football. Duncan rang Lily as soon as he found out he was gaffer for Saturday.

All of the above. Duncan and Howard were VERY close. Dunc went to see Howard every Sunday to sit and chat football. Duncan rang Lily as soon as he found out he was gaffer for Saturday.
Wow ,that's amazing . I would of loved being a fly on the wall for that . Thanks for the cheer on this freezing Monday morning .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back