Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on....

Young player. 22.
Regular premier league player since he was 18.
Created more chances than anyone in our side.
Won't cost a fortune.
Good wage.
Hungry

Am I missing anything else from the tick box?

Forget about the grocks who couldn't hit a barn door....

View attachment 175068View attachment 175069

Also makes more passes, key passes, keeps possession, makes more tackles, crosses, than Richy or Gordon did last season.

End of the day he's in a Burnley team that scored 4th lowest in the division.

And he's not slow

English / homegrown player who has also got 6 U20 and 10 U21 caps so has experience of international football.

He's a good player and a solid signing...no idea why posters are compaining about him.

I think we are beyond foolish to splurge what paltry resources we appear to have on this player but I hope he proves me wrong.

Think it's kinda hilarious that people are fuming over this lad despite the fact that he's only a couple months older than Gordon and people are raving about him despite having half of McNeil's games. After Tarkowski came in and became our best defender have people still not got over the fact that Burnley have had some decent players that were forced to play in a way where their individual quality might not be represented every week?

I'd take him and Cornet every day of the week, they'd both start for us most weeks.

English / homegrown player who has also got 6 U20 and 10 U21 caps so has experience of international football.

He's a good player and a solid signing...no idea why posters are compaining about him.
Don’t pretend anymore. You will not sign McNeil if given 20m to spend.

On the basis that he only got one assist last year do you think he's the man for that job?
Assists are nigh-on useless stats. They depend almost exclusively on the abilities of the person you are feeding. You could put Harry Kane in Burnley's team and he'd struggle for assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back