Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have no one who can do this though.... we literally need a good delivery since Digne left......, but yeh, ignore that
Nobody said they were good deliveries? The whole 'he created more chances than our players' thing doesn't mean anything is the point being made, because he didn't actually create them at a better rate than any of our players. He created more because he played more and took the majority of set pieces. That doesn't mean he's awful or he couldn't step up more, it's just to point out why people constantly repeating that stat doesn't really have the effect they seem to think it will.

He had more funds - we are restricted after blowing 1/2 a billion on over the hill players = the Board
Correct.

Up until 2009 when the roof fell in he actually had a decent net spend. Not great, but certainly not searching down thr back of ther couch.

The lack of assists really isn't something to use as evidence he's crap. He was playing for Burnley FFS, their strikers were literally the worst in the league last season. Did anyone see Dutch donkey they signed in January, case in point. How's it McNeil's fault no one is getting on the end of the chances he creates?!

It wouldn't be a bad signing, not when he's 22 and apparently going to cost only £15m. My concern though would be are he and Gordon too similar? Wide forwards who lack pace and are a bit lightweight? Some teams just find it so easy to totally mark them out of games.

Definitely be an interesting one but I guess Thelwell has to be trusted at this point. He clearly only wants young players we can hopefully build up.

I’m assuming we aren’t getting Conet as well as this lad.
Will be interesting if he ends up going to another Prem club for a similar amount…personally I thought of the two that Cornet just gives you more all around, whereas the upside might be higher with McNeil if he puts things together.

Neat tidy and hard working player, nothing else, I know we haven't signed him yet and he's still young, but we lost our best goalscorer and player a month ago, whose scoring the goals definitely not McNeill, if we sign him I hope he proves me wrong, but with his record so far i doubt it. You know what I would love our scouting team lol, to have just an iota of imagination.

Nobody is crying. Just pointing out it is incredibly uninspiring on paper off of the back of what we have seen from him the past two years.

The lack of assists really isn't something to use as evidence he's crap. He was playing for Burnley FFS, their strikers were literally the worst in the league last season. Did anyone see Dutch donkey they signed in January, case in point. How's it McNeil's fault no one is getting on the end of the chances he creates?!

It wouldn't be a bad signing, not when he's 22 and apparently going to cost only £15m. My concern though would be are he and Gordon too similar? Wide forwards who lack pace and are a bit lightweight? Some teams just find it so easy to totally mark them out of games.

Definitely be an interesting one but I guess Thelwell has to be trusted at this point. He clearly only wants young players we can hopefully build up.

This guys left foot delivery reminds me of Hinchcliffe in terms of quality. Others have compared with possibly Sheedy.

For a rumoured £15mil it seems like a good deal to me.

Wide players of:

Myko / Gordon
Patterson / McNeil

Balance
Workrate

On paper the partnerships look exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back