Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
We also don't have a midfield or a team that can pass a ball to each other. McNeil doesn't solve that either....

So here's hoping for a masterplan
Well exactly, that’s the whole point really. I said earlier I don’t think McNeil is an awful player, my concern is that he doesn’t actually address any of the major issues in the squad. We need midfielders who can tackle, pass, and carry the ball, we need attackers who can score goals and offer different options. We’ve signed a player who can cross.

I'm made up with this signing if it happens. I really feared we would go for cornet and I think that would have been a bad one. Mcneil is still only 22. He has potential to grow into a better player still and before last season was courted by a lot of good clubs.

He wasn't great last season but he is definitely the better choice over cornet for many reasons.

Seems mad to me that we seemingly were reluctant to do 17.5 for Cornet but now have found 15-20 for McNeil. Perhaps we are able to stagger payments for McNeil unlike with Cornet's release clause.

I think McNeil is a decent player, as I've said before I think the profile of the player is quite what we need but I guess we just have to hope he can flourish here.

I'm made up with this signing if it happens. I really feared we would go for cornet and I think that would have been a bad one. Mcneil is still only 22. He has potential to grow into a better player still and before last season was courted by a lot of good clubs.

He wasn't great last season but he is definitely the better choice over cornet for many reasons.

Apparently only last season matters these days

Well exactly, that’s the whole point really. I said earlier I don’t think McNeil is an awful player, my concern is that he doesn’t actually address any of the major issues in the squad. We need midfielders who can tackle, pass, and carry the ball, we need attackers who can score goals and offer different options. We’ve signed a player who can cross.

Could argue that one if our major weaknesses is hdbing a cf whose excellent in the air and having zero players who can cross, take a corner or free kick mate though he can also carry the ball very well -

Wasn't my cup of tea initially but kinda can see why we want him now.

If the deals like the one they took for pope, then it won't really effect our other recruitment money wise as think we'll be paying very little this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.