Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots obsessing with his ‘bad season’ last year. In fairness his head was turned by us at the start of last season and he wanted out then.. I reckon he’s going to be very motivated to show what he can do. Good luck to the boy
He might have "done a Barkley". Someone from us told him to have a crap season so we can get him for half-price next season, in the same way Chelsea told Barkley to wait until we've paid for his treatment to get him on the cheap. Or is this wishful thinking on my part?

They must be gutted to lose Mr 0 goals, 1 assist for £15m+
Remember when we used to watch players and then decided if we thought they were any good? Then FIFA football came along and now we just talk about stats!
22 years old plenty of experience and potential I will wait till I have seen the lad before I make judgement

Can't say I've watched too many Burnley matches (thankfully), but when I have he's always looked a quality player. Certainly not as good as Richy, but better than Gray/Townsend. Left footed, can pass the ball, which unfortunately isn't true for all our players.
As long as this doesn't prevent signings in other areas, i.e. midfield, I like it.

Remember when we used to watch players and then decided if we thought they were any good? Then FIFA football came along and now we just talk about stats!
22 years old plenty of experience and potential I will wait till I have seen the lad before I make judgement

Goals and assists have been the standard measuring stick for forward players since forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.