Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we’ve signed him and I’ve read a few positive pieces I feel a bit more enthusiastic. I like that he wants to play centrally as it shows he desires responsibility.

Plus we’re crying out for left footed players.

Finally Emperor Lrrr has his wish

1659054440847.png

Sick of this “1 assist” shout. That stat is reliant on another person to finish the job. He created 47 chances for his team mates last year, 42 were open play crosses.

Let’s flip the narrative and say his attackers failed to convert his attacking play on 46 occasions (98% of the time).

Remember Townsend’s goal against Burnley? Well Doucoure got an assist for that by passing the ball 2 yards just outside of the centre circle. The assists stat is truly pointless.

His goals stat also doesn’t concern me. It goes back to my point about his attacking options; he had none. When he came inside there were no runners breaking the lines, his only option was to shoot from distance. His average shot distance for last season was around 21yds because of this.

I don’t think he’ll have any problem being a productive player for us. Let’s give him a chance at least.
Yes, an assist goes to the last player who touched the ball before the scorer.

He’s the type of player who will make the players around him better.

We’ve been crying out for more of those tbh.

Initially I was worried on the 1 assist stats last season.

But to put in perspective. after some google on stats, our best player in chance creation last season was Demarai Gray - 40-ish (nowhere near the top). And Dwight McNeil has more than him by a few more. Of course, maybe these chance created does not mean that these chances are good chances.
But if you look at our squad, we only have 1 player who hit 40-mark. Which means, we do not have players who took risks as much as Gray.

I think McNeil is not the Richarlison replacement we hope for or want. But a 22 years old who take risks and physically strong defensively - I think is a gamble worth taking.

You people make me laugh
The “experts “ in here writing off a 22 year old kid who was 2nd in successful dribbles and third in completed crosses last year
All you look at is has he scored goals … such a limited perspective
The kid will be Everton no 1 in assisted and DCL willl score a bagful of headed goals from his supply
Remember when you used to post stuff like that about Sigurdsson?

Funny how he says in his interview that he likes to cut inside, at the same time accusations og his onefootedness abound. Cutting inside is usually for inverted wingers, like. Wonder which one itll be when we see him play.

Already willing to bet Lampard will stick him on the right wing in another fascinating tactical stroke of Lampard-ball

Funny how he says in his interview that he likes to cut inside, at the same time accusations og his onefootedness abound. Cutting inside is usually for inverted wingers, like. Wonder which one itll be when we see him play.

Already willing to bet Lampard will stick him on the right wing in another fascinating tactical stroke of Lampard-ball
He played on the right the whole spring??? Its not a secret you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.