2022/23 Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been hung out to dry by Lampard a bit surely. No striker for the first 2 games so he’s having to play a new role rotating with Gordon & Gray who aren’t great at build up play.

Finally start with a big man up top and he’s relegated to the bench and brought on to replace him.

Would have preferred Gray coming off the bench personally.

(Can’t defend him for some of those “through balls” though. Ghastly.)

Ones played only Premier league football.

The other had made 11 starts for Lille last season.

Also, Onana showed more in 15 minutes against Villa than McNeil showed in any of his competitive minutes for us. If anything he has impacted us negatively with his woeful passing and ball carrying costing us against Villa and again today.

Wow, all those competitive matches McNeil has played for the club.

I cant count that high...remind me how many competitive matches are we up to now?

He's just continuing how he was for the last season and a half at Burnley.

Well, thats not true.
If you watch football you would not praise a guy who can’t score nor assist.
You werent a Pienaar fan then.
Another awful signing. No doubt his fans will be on saying he needs another 15 games before we can come to that conclusion.

Anyone you do like?

He was as good as Onana...........but Onana needs time apparently yet McNeil doesn't.....make your minds up :D

Precisely.

He was as good as Onana...........but Onana needs time apparently yet McNeil doesn't.....make your minds up :D
Difference being McNeil has played premiership football for a while and lived and played in the North West. While Onana does need time to adapt new country new league. Still, not going in two footed on young lad, midfield substitution let Notts in the game.

I cant count that high...remind me how many competitive matches are we up to now?

Well, thats not true.

Anyone you do like?

Precisely.
Are you suggesting McNeil has the same quality of Pienaar? And Pienaar actually can score a few goals per season and provided assists.

Well, thats not true.

Anyone you do like?

Precisely.

Tbf Zat he's looked absolutely terrible so far. Any comparison to Pienaar deserves punting into the Mersey.

Not gonna eviscerate the lad, but he's not new to the league, by and large played his preferred position, had a pre season as well and right now he can't pass a ball and on the Forest goal yesterday was casually jogging back like he was on the local park after a being on a Saturday night bender.

Status
Not open for further replies.