2022/23 Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lampard let him down yesterday. It’s clear he’s struggled in his first couple of games and then he’s brought on out of position. He then probably tries balls he wouldn’t usually and it gets worse

Even stranger was that the Forest centre halves were so slow that this was a game to actually put Gordon or Gray up front. They were bizarre decisions from Frank

Lampard let him down yesterday. It’s clear he’s struggled in his first couple of games and then he’s brought on out of position. He then probably tries balls he wouldn’t usually and it gets worse

Even stranger was that the Forest centre halves were so slow that this was a game to actually put Gordon or Gray up front. They were bizarre decisions from Frank

100% not. Rondon was making a difference holding the ball up, we got noticeably worse when he went off.

Would it be better to use him left midfield? He doesn’t look particularly quick so playing I’m more central might be better, he does have a decent left foot.

Thought he was a bit better yesterday, he hesitates to much more me and gives the opposition to much time before making his play, it makes it more difficult on himself. Hes a work in progress, hoping he still has more of ceiling in his development, because their are areas of his game he can improve. He looked like a little bit more of threat when he came inside taking up more central positions, hes not skinning many full backs.

He gets a fair bit of mitigation for me, because like Gordon, its very hard to be creative, when you essentially have no forward to be creative for or an option of an outlet.

100% this. Rondon is crap but he won a lot of balls in the air and linked up play Atleast twice by controlling the ball with his chest. I couldn’t believe he took him off and still had 5 at the back on the pitch.
5 at the back stays because Frank is petrified of losing, but keeping it generally means we lose ?

100% not. Rondon was making a difference holding the ball up, we got noticeably worse when he went off.
Really the only thing I remember him doing is winning one header and his shot. When McNeil came on he covered more ground in his first 2 sprints than rondon did all half rondon shouldn’t be anywhere near the squad whether he’s our only forward or not the likes of che adams would be a huge improvement on rondon which shows how bad he is.

Should be loaned not good enough for the starting 11. We should of went for cornet instead. What a waste of 20 million.
There’s a reason why everyone, including West Ham at first, were reluctant to pay his release clause

He’s not a waste of money yet, yes he’s struggled but he’s been asked to play in an attack with zero strikers to aim for

We know he's never going to be a world beater but I'm sure he can contribute more than he's shown in the first few games. He should just concentrate on retaining possession and keeping it simple. On top of that he needs to just work as hard as he can. He ticks those boxes then he'll be worth having in and around the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.