2023/24 Dwight McNeil

I feel McNeil's been creating the little chances we've had last couple of months. Harrison on the other hand completely anonymous of late.
To be fair he played on the left 90% of the time at Leeds and probably deserves a chance to see if he can offer something different in his favoured side.
Well he is a winger so should be creating some chances for us. For me he’s so slow, always turns back, never attacks his full back, but apart from that he’s great

Very poor tonight. His crossing and shooting has fallen off a cliff since the new year. Pitty as it seems when he is on form the team gets results

I would agree. Shame he's only been on form for about 10 games since he arrived. We massively need to upgrade this position. Having someone more consistent would transform this team.

….actually thought he started last night well, for the first 20mins he looked the best we had but after that he went backwards. A moment late on when he had time and space to deliver an early cross to DCL but he dallied, took an extra couple of touches and was closed down. Frustrating.

I’d think of starting him on the right against Burnley with Danjuma on the left. Maybe McNeil can form an effective partnership with Coleman at both ends of the pitch, he played really well there with Patterson at Leeds last season.

I really think Danjuma should start ahead of McNeill or Harrison, Danjuma can run and offers a goal threat. Unfortunately he would not spend half the game as an extra left back, so, negative Sean is scared to pick him. It may dawn on the ginger David Brent eventually that we need wins, constantly playing for draws and, more often than not, failing to get them will not keep us up.

I really think Danjuma should start ahead of McNeill or Harrison, Danjuma can run and offers a goal threat. Unfortunately he would not spend half the game as an extra left back, so, negative Sean is scared to pick him. It may dawn on the ginger David Brent eventually that we need wins, constantly playing for draws and, more often than not, failing to get them will not keep us up.

I'd put Mcneil behind a front man if I had to put him anywhere. In those little pockets of space he seems to have better decision making.

He's one of the worst wingers I've ever seen out on the left. Can't beat a man, when he crosses there's no thought to it. He's like a lost little child who very rarely wins his individual battles. He offers defensive back up which is the only compliment I'm willing to give him

I was watching him on Saturday in the tunnel against Bournemouth and I'm thinking "I want to see a real focused group of players here, ready for battle and ready to win their personal battles". He was there staring at a wall picking either a sticker or flicking rubble off it like I'd expect a 7 year old to do when standing in line in school.

I like him still, but he seems absolutely knackered. Lack of competition and alternatives just diminishing his performances. By the end of last game he couldn't compete anymore. I'll have him over Harrison any day but disappointing to not have Danjuma or Dobbin around to alternate.

I like him still, but he seems absolutely knackered. Lack of competition and alternatives just diminishing his performances. By the end of last game he couldn't compete anymore. I'll have him over Harrison any day but disappointing to not have Danjuma or Dobbin around to alternate.
The thing with him is that he's shockingly slow to begin with so when he's even a bit knackered it's hilariously obvious.

The thing with him is that he's shockingly slow to begin with so when he's even a bit knackered it's hilariously obvious.
Yup, you start seeing him losing 50/50s, misplacing passes, failing to trap the ball, all things that he's actually generally decent enough at. Fitness isn't all there across the squad - if McNeil struggling, the rest will be too.

Yup, you start seeing him losing 50/50s, misplacing passes, failing to trap the ball, all things that he's actually generally decent enough at. Fitness isn't all there across the squad - if McNeil struggling, the rest will be too.
He can't played a weighted pass to save his life to be honest - only to feet is where he's decent at. We don't have bombing full backs or anything but the amount of times Mykolenko has half a field ahead of him and starts his sprint, only to receive the ball behind his stride so he has to stop and basically kill the move is amazing, considering a lot of those McNeil's under no pressure.