2023/24 Dwight McNeil

I think this little exchange shows how you can only deal in black and white and absolutes. McNeil is average pace. Dyche is an average manager. Both do good and bad things. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the last week.
Right I didn't enjoy it.

Honestly boring at this point - he's not fast, he's a bit below average, he was outpaced by nearly everyone tonight. But ok, he's now fast enough and everything's rosy, as I said.

…ideally you want your no10 to be capable of getting alongside and beyond your central striker. A bit like Gomes, I’m not convinced McNeil can do that but he’s certainly worth a go. I’d actually like to see Dobbin in that position, especially off the bench.

Id move Doucoure on, ideally Saudi. The wages are far too high for him and for a 31 year old perhaps we could sneak £15mil+ out of them :eek:

McNeil in the 10 with Dobbin as backup leaving us to focus on RB and both wings.

If we played football then McNeil at number 10 could be decent and score a good few goals.
Yep, he’s 100% not a winger in the premier league. He needs to be moved more infield if he’s to be kept on.

And if that is the case I would expect the coaching team to be working various patters of play to create bits of space for him outside the box, with sole objective of smashing one towards goal

If we played football then McNeil at number 10 could be decent and score a good few goals.

He’s slow for a winger in a counter attacking team.

Agree. He has the ability to scored a good few from the edge of the box and has the engine to get up alongside the front man.

It’s a low bar, but he's one of the most technical players at the club at the moment.