2023/24 Dwight McNeil

He needs to play all of next season like he's played the final month of this season. We know he's had personal reasons, and that's likely led to him playing absolutely terribly for 5/6 of this season. Hopefully he can take his upturn in form into next season on the back of a happy and healthy summer for him and his family.

He needs to play all of next season like he's played the final month of this season. We know he's had personal reasons, and that's likely led to him playing absolutely terribly for 5/6 of this season. Hopefully he can take his upturn in form into next season on the back of a happy and healthy summer for him and his family.
His gf had a big tumour on her ovary and she needed 4 months hard recovery and treatment, I can say if that was my fiancée my head would be wrecked too. There was a write up in the paper about how she told him to leave her in the hospital and go play. He would literally play the match and head straight to the hospital after it. I’m with you, he ain’t a world beater but he can have an impact here .

His gf had a big tumour on her ovary and she needed 4 months hard recovery and treatment, I can say if that was my fiancée my head would be wrecked too. There was a write up in the paper about how she told him to leave her in the hospital and go play. He would literally play the match and head straight to the hospital after it. I’m with you, he ain’t a world beater but he can have an impact here .
Yeah absolutely, I really don't blame him for his abysmal performances throughout most of the season as, like you rightly said, he had more important stuff going on in his life, just sadly those performances contributed quite significantly towards our awful form of almost four months where we looked pathetic in the opposition half of the field (certainty not the only one to blame but him and Harrison imo the worst offenders).

That was a beautiful through ball to Dom to set up the goal yesterday.

Wouldn’t mind seeing him central next year, like a 10. He’s not really a winger, is he?
He absolutely is not a winger, similar to Leon Osman, he has no pace, but does have technique. Playing him centrally would be far more productive and having a pacy winger to replace him would improve our attacking play 100%

That was a beautiful through ball to Dom to set up the goal yesterday.

Wouldn’t mind seeing him central next year, like a 10. He’s not really a winger, is he?

Yes me too. What I like about Dwight is he tends to make decisions quickly when he gets the ball e.g. he takes a touch and gets a shot away or quick throughball like yesterday.

He naturally comes in centrally from out wide just like Osman and Pienaar used to do. Would actually be interesting how he'd do being managed by someone like Moyes.

Yes me too. What I like about Dwight is he tends to make decisions quickly when he gets the ball e.g. he takes a touch and gets a shot away or quick throughball like yesterday.

He naturally comes in centrally from out wide just like Osman and Pienaar used to do. Would actually be interesting how he'd do being managed by someone like Moyes.
An overlapping fullback might do wonders for him too