2023/24 Dwight McNeil

He's a strong runner, not blisteringly fast but certainly not slow. Its a lazy observation to caveat praise through gritted teeth
He's very slow by the standards of literally anyone we've played against?

Again, it's just not his strength - he's got a lot of other qualities that make up for not having great pace.

folk really allow their preconcieved opinions lead them, nowhere near as slow as being made out here by those who won't give him any praise without a sly dig
It's a sly dig about sly digs, and I'm all for it. McNeil wouldn't play for us if he had wheels, but to say he's slow is untrue, I don't know why people say it, perhaps it's because our transition up the pitch can look laboured at times while he looks for an outlet. He's not slow.

It's a sly dig about sly digs, and I'm all for it. McNeil wouldn't play for us if he had wheels, but to say he's slow is untrue, I don't know why people say it, perhaps it's because our transition up the pitch can look laboured at times while he looks for an outlet. He's not slow.
I think we say it because he's obviously not fast.

That means nothing.

Glad that we can't criticise anything ever now that we're not relegated though, that's a great thing.

McNeil is very technical but equally as slow, it's quite easy to understand and see.
I think this little exchange shows how you can only deal in black and white and absolutes. McNeil is average pace. Dyche is an average manager. Both do good and bad things. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the last week.

Sprint top speed not ideal. But its acceleration he severely lacks, which is arguably more important, creating space to use your other skills. He does ok when he receives the ball in acres of space. But also about a cm taller than Doucs, which never ceases to surprise me.