Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2024/25 Dwight McNeil

….be interesting if he scores as many as Doucoure did last season.

There’s quite a difference in how they play that no10 role; Doucoure all industry and little quality in possession but the running power to get alongside and beyond the central striker, McNeil superior in possession but not able to get alongside and beyond DCL in the same way. He’ll score different types of goals.

What it does is cause a real headache for Dyche in trying to find the right CM balance behind McNeil.
For me I think it has to be Gana & Mangala. Think a balance can be struck there personally.

3 goals and 2 assists in the league already this season. If he keeps chipping in and gets to 10 goals this season that would be massive, given our lack of goals last season.

Even though he’s *very* one footed and runs in treacle, he has the ability and technique to score from outside the box and pick a pass to put people in on goal. He’s much more suited being central to out wide.

The definition of average.

Nice left foot but defies science how a young man his age cannot sprint.

Not good enough in the long run but for the time being he’s become quite important. A sad indictment of where we’re at.
Created more chances than anyone in the league whilst playing for a relegation battle team isnt the definition of average. Last season he was in the top few in the league for chances created and we was rubbish then too.

We have loads of problems as a club, and quite a few positions in dire need of replacements. He isnt one of them.

I wonder if he could play a similar role from the right wing. Bit of a free role to float inside and have a pop at goal or look for a pass.

Could mean potentially looking at a 3 man midfield as it’s the one position where we have depth.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back