Dyche; A Great Achievement?

Cannot deny for a millisecond that I'm not a fan, been very vocal and consistent with my opinion throughout and from his appointment, what I have to do is be honest and magnanimous again with my appreciation of what has been achieved in this and last season, this one in particular would have had many just bailing, he didn't and for that alone he deserves an unfettered thank you and praise.

His tenure has been one of the most difficult to sit through, with a few highlights along the way, Brighton away, Liverpool this year but not enough for me.

Last few games after Chelsea debacle, he looks like he and the team have had a long hard look at themselves and shown true professionalism in sorting it out and that cannot be denied and I'm grateful we maintain our status for whatever next season throws at us.

I want change but will concede that if we don't do it top down, we won't ever be the Everton I know and love, so we start there and see what happens. I will say, i don't wanna sit through another turgid season of stubborn one dimensional games, and I don't want him taking us to BMD, but there is a glimmer of hope, its that that perhaps gives him a bit Of grace, for now.

Well done Mr Dyche and the team for getting their shiz together.

UTFT 💙
Brilliant.

Let's be honest though, if we had been given the choice of getting smashed by Chelsea and the next week smashing their chances of winning the PL, we would take that option every single time.

Cannot deny for a millisecond that I'm not a fan, been very vocal and consistent with my opinion throughout and from his appointment, what I have to do is be honest and magnanimous again with my appreciation of what has been achieved in this and last season, this one in particular would have had many just bailing, he didn't and for that alone he deserves an unfettered thank you and praise.

His tenure has been one of the most difficult to sit through, with a few highlights along the way, Brighton away, Liverpool this year but not enough for me.

Last few games after Chelsea debacle, he looks like he and the team have had a long hard look at themselves and shown true professionalism in sorting it out and that cannot be denied and I'm grateful we maintain our status for whatever next season throws at us.

I want change but will concede that if we don't do it top down, we won't ever be the Everton I know and love, so we start there and see what happens. I will say, i don't wanna sit through another turgid season of stubborn one dimensional games, and I don't want him taking us to BMD, but there is a glimmer of hope, its that that perhaps gives him a bit Of grace, for now.

Well done Mr Dyche and the team for getting their shiz together.

UTFT 💙
This.

He's pulled off a small miracle two seasons in a row. We know the football is pragmatic but it has to be guys. After last season he had to sell off players with 0 budget for replacements and then compound that with a 8 point deduction. The only luck has been the quality of the promoted teams.

Hats off Sean, I would buy you a beer for what you have done for us.

I’m fine with the job he did. Faced with the prospect of relegation he made sure we were safe with games to spare and he had to deal with not only a points deduction but the appeals and all dragging on for months. It was a difficult job. But, we looked dead for a long stretch of this campaign (which isn’t all his fault but still). There are too many questions that need to be answered. He is not the long term guy if he doesn’t answer them next year.

Yes, however turgid and carp we are to watch. Have to admire the fact we are safe, with games to spare.

We all know though this isn't over, as next season another year older, plenty of players out of contract...

But let's enjoy the moment...!

I checked through my posts and can see that we were talking about getting rid very early on back in September.

But the trajectory this year, culminating in the 6-0 drubbing at Chelsea, well I don’t imagine there were many that saw this week coming.

So yes, chapeau, Mr Dyche. I would love to know what was said after that Chelsea game. Maybe we’ll have to wait for the book and film to find out.

….regarding the Chelsea result, anybody watching them this season will have seen they were capable of giving somebody a hiding. They start matches well, miss a host of chances and often fall apart. One day it was going to fall into place for them and it did a few weeks ago, although our performance on the night contributed.

We did get 3 points off them at home which levels things up a little but I thought they might do that to somebody.

I’ve banged the drum before but what he did last season to save us from relegation was actually a miracle

This season even with the points deduction was a breeze because of how poor Burnley, Sheffield United and Luton have been
and forest, and Brentford. Fulham and palace with our points back on too.
We could have easily gone down this season, relegated always look terrible

IMG_8764.jpeg

Yes, however turgid and carp we are to watch. Have to admire the fact we are safe, with games to spare.

We all know though this isn't over, as next season another year older, plenty of players out of contract...

But let's enjoy the moment...!
Yeah, that's the worry.

We all know Dyche will be left carrying the can and answering questions he possibly shouldn't have to.