Dyche; A Great Achievement?

After nail-biting ends to the 2 previous seasons, if you had told me we would be going into the last 3 games of this season free from relegation fears I would have took that.
If you had told me we would have 8 points deducted and still be free of relegation worries with 3 games to play, I would have said you were mad.

Yup, an achievement.

As has been said 2 seasons of knife edge relegation, but this season, ignoring deductions, safe, 44 points, 3 games to play.

No money, shitty squad, massive pressure. It's a clear improvement. There have been frustration, etc, but there always will be with our limited squad.

Defensively one of the best in the league.
Attacking one of the worst.

Gonna be an important summer ahead.

We have become a club that celebrates staying in the league. I know that is not completely down to the manager as the whole club is a shambles but i want better than this bollox tbh. Sick to death of it now. We cannot even get a proper owner without it being doomy before they even buy us.

Just want us to be better across the board i guess.

fam-tight.gif

It's not a firefighters job to stop multiple arson attempts.

(I think...I dunno, I'm not one!)
Depends whether you’re a Hollywood fireman or a real one I suppose🤔
So are you saying we need more of a detective style manager?
Ostensibly guiding the team to safety whilst secretly sleuthing around Goodison and Finch Farm to discover the serial arsonist or …….multiple arsonists!!!!!🧐
Think we’ve got the barebones of a Netflix series here 😀

Never have I wanted Dyche out. I think some people’s expectation are that of ‘I support Everton, not the manager’, but within that statement itself it’s makes a mockery of what Dyches has had to do.

He’s had to come to a club which are crap, been fighting relegation, in turmoil, points deductions, takeovers, selling players, not buying players, etc etc. Dyche has simply put, done brilliant.

Even certain games which we have lost or drawn such as wolves, fulham at home this season, Brighton away, West Ham at home, we have deserved more than what we got. Dyche has led us to 4 home wins in the bounce and he deserves massive credit for it. Massive credit. Any other manager I am convinced we would have went down.

Dyche has made us hard to beat (Chelsea forget it) and that’s amazing. We need some more quality going forward but he’s smart enough to know that. But again, for now, relax, play the kids in the next few games and send all the seniors on their jollies early. Throw the game against Luton on Friday, who cares, stick a finger upto Sky and Masters.

Never have I wanted Dyche out. I think some people’s expectation are that of ‘I support Everton, not the manager’, but within that statement itself it’s makes a mockery of what Dyches has had to do.

He’s had to come to a club which are crap, been fighting relegation, in turmoil, points deductions, takeovers, selling players, not buying players, etc etc. Dyche has simply put, done brilliant.

Even certain games which we have lost or drawn such as wolves, fulham at home this season, Brighton away, West Ham at home, we have deserved more than what we got. Dyche has led us to 4 home wins in the bounce and he deserves massive credit for it. Massive credit. Any other manager I am convinced we would have went down.

Dyche has made us hard to beat (Chelsea forget it) and that’s amazing. We need some more quality going forward but he’s smart enough to know that. But again, for now, relax, play the kids in the next few games and send all the seniors on their jollies early. Throw the game against Luton on Friday, who cares, stick a finger upto Sky and Masters.

Moyes had to deal with his own issues and I distinctly remember getting taken to task for backing him early on...to me, this is history repeating itself but I'm on the other side now. Up to Dyche how it plays out long term; I'm not hopeful obviously.

Last edited:

I think the 'Dyche Out' brigade are very much fuelled by the long winless run which is understandable. But if the same results were spread throughout the season differently, achieving safety from relegation with 3 or 4 games teo go would definitely be seen a huge success after an 8 point deduction.

Dyche might not be what the club needs long term if we want to see attractive football but for as long as we have a squad that's only capable of avoiding relegation then Dyche is the man for the job.

Next season is going to be tough though. The promoted teams are likely to be stronger than this seasons promoted teams so it's far more likely another points deduction could kill us off. Our fate could be decided off the pitch rather than on it.

And Brighton have far better players than us. His stock has dropped alarmingly this season. Last season he was in the conversation of being linked with city(should Pep go) Liverpool and Milan.

Im not going to stick up for de zerbi that much but looking at their teams lately. No mitoma solly march ferguson lamptey estupanan through injuries. Big hitters for them. Esp mitoma and solly march.

Im not going to stick up for de zerbi that much but looking at their teams lately. No mitoma solly march ferguson lamptey estupanan through injuries. Big hitters for them. Esp mitoma and solly march.
True. But they should still have more points with the squad at his disposal even earlier in the season.