Dyche is the man

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what? I agree with all of that. Some Evertonians, myself included at times, can't see the wood for the trees.

It's ironic that when I became an Everton fan the other two of the top three were Spurs, who I defected from, and Burnley. Off the top of my head I remember Andy Lochhead, Ray Pointer, *John Connolly and captain Jimmy Adamson.
*John Connelly was at Burnley (60s) John Connolly was at Everton (70s) ;)

The bit about relegating Burnley is just pure drivel.

Are Burnley who had one of the smallest budgets, in a deprived area of the country expectant of having PL football every season?

It’s actually a miracle the fact that he got them to as high as he did. Add in the fact he’s had 2 promotions from the championship, he actually looks a very good fit right now for where we are and he has early a crack at a club with a higher budget than Burnley.

All this nonsense about his style of football can GTF as well. He’s he obviously cuts his cloth accordingly, which is very pragmatic and shows intelligence and is exactly what Ancelotti did when he was here and realised he was dealing with a lot of garbage. If Lampard had the same level of managerial intelligence we might not be in the mess we are in.

lol budget he’s not getting one here

this thread will be revisited when we’re going down

You were backing Lampard.
So I am looking at this as a good sign that Dyche is a good manager.
By the way Burnley signed something like 17 new players to get to be playing good football.
They sold most of his decent ones from under him.
If we are one piont above the relegation positions t the end of the season he has done a great job.

IF

You know what? I agree with all of that. Some Evertonians, myself included at times, can't see the wood for the trees.

It's ironic that when I became an Everton fan the other two of the top three were Spurs, who I defected from, and Burnley. Off the top of my head I remember Andy Lochhead, Ray Pointer, John Connolly and captain Jimmy Adamson.
How does that work then, changing allegiances from one team to another? Never understood how someone could do that. You pick a team or it picks you, and you stick with it no matter what. It's just the way it works, or should do.

Completely agree with this. Think its stupid how he's being painted by some of us as another Sam Allardyce. I'm completely behind him and hope the crowd are too once he joins. Bielsa would've sent us straight down and i'm sick of new football ideas not being adopted by our players so i'm not convinced it'd have worked.

How does that work then, changing allegiances from one team to another? Never understood how someone could do that. You pick a team or it picks you, and you stick with it no matter what. It's just the way it works, or should do.
The story of my conversion to Everton has been told here more than once. I was only ever a Spurs-rather-than-Arsenal north London ten year old kid when Everton won the league in '63. Having suffered ADHD since childhood it's a wonder I didn't pick a new team every season. It's obviously a they picked me scenario and there was no way I was going to change, particularly after witnessing the incredible comeback in the '66 FA Cup final against Sheffield Wednesday.

I’m not sure Dyche will be the cool kids cup of tea… thinking about Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Willy Wonka and the Claire Balding looky likey.

Not sure Dyche will be a fan of blokes wearing skirts and lady bags etc.

Hopefully he can sort all that crap out.

Call me a dinosaur but all that stuff is highly embarrassing for EFC.
Willy Wonka.....just spaffed a brew all over the bed??

What I find encouraging is that Dyche's Burnley had a better record against teams in the lower half of the table than we have had for years. They also occasionally won against the so-called big six home and away. All of that done with a transfer budget of around three and sixpence ha'penny.

….I never get this ‘back the Manager’ talk. Fans will judge him on his record & if he fails to deliver, they’ll make it known.

Dyche’s problem could be the real sense of friction to BK and the Board. That will simmer under the surface if results and performance improve but Goodison is fragile & could quickly turn toxic again.

Back the Manager is a bit of a nothing phrase as far as I’m concerned.

I reckon Dyche has the upper hand here. He could say to the board to sort themselves out, and if they don’t he’s getting sacked and paid off, whilst the entire world sees who’s really responsible for the mess. The Dyche Collateral effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.