Dyche is the man

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Dyche has the upper hand here. He could say to the board to sort themselves out, and if they don’t he’s getting sacked and paid off, whilst the entire world sees who’s really responsible for the mess. The Dyche Collateral effect.

yep, a bit of down to earth pragmatism will do us good…..

I've been watching Dyche on YouTube explaining the Burnley 4-4-2 system. He's quite impressive - obsessive even. I just hope our chaps have the grey matter to take it all in, assuming that's his plan for us.

What I find encouraging is that Dyche's Burnley had a better record against teams in the lower half of the table than we have had for years. They also occasionally won against the so-called big six home and away. All of that done with a transfer budget of around three and sixpence ha'penny.
Spot on. Literally beat every team in the league at least once under Dyche. With some wins we haven’t seen since the 60s. Away at anfield, old Trafford, Goodison, the emirates, Stamford bridge.

We beat the reigning champions in every single season he was here. Including absolutely ripping Chelsea a new one at their place on the first game of the season in the year we qualified for Europe. That season our football was electric. With next to no money spent.

We beat city. (Ironically the goal was assisted by a certain kompany clearance). With a world class volleyed finish.

When we won at old Trafford we scored two world class goals in a 2-0 win. The year prior we were 2-0 up with a world class free kick goal before United scored a couple of fergie time goals.

The impressive wins and impressive goals were far more frequent than many give him credit for.

When we HAD to win. We almost always did. I do believe had he stayed on we’d have stayed up. But was the right move in the end for both parties.

Spot on. Literally beat every team in the league at least once under Dyche. With some wins we haven’t seen since the 60s. Away at anfield, old Trafford, Goodison, the emirates, Stamford bridge.

We beat the reigning champions in every single season he was here. Including absolutely ripping Chelsea a new one at their place on the first game of the season in the year we qualified for Europe. That season our football was electric. With next to no money spent.

We beat city. (Ironically the goal was assisted by a certain kompany clearance). With a world class volleyed finish.

When we won at old Trafford we scored two world class goals in a 2-0 win. The year prior we were 2-0 up with a world class free kick goal before United scored a couple of fergie time goals.

The impressive wins and impressive goals were far more frequent than many give him credit for.

When we HAD to win. We almost always did. I do believe had he stayed on we’d have stayed up. But was the right move in the end for both parties.
Yet the football played and the results were complete dross for the last 18 months of his tenure at Burnley.

….I never get this ‘back the Manager’ talk. Fans will judge him on his record & if he fails to deliver, they’ll make it known.

Dyche’s problem could be the real sense of friction to BK and the Board. That will simmer under the surface if results and performance improve but Goodison is fragile & could quickly turn toxic again.

Back the Manager is a bit of a nothing phrase as far as I’m concerned.
A big concern is Dyche was running the roost at turf moor and Everton with its DoF, scouting, foreign players, etc doesn't gel well with an old school manager

Burnley didnt really play football. Muscle their way with tall and strong guys, scoring mainy from free kicks and set-pieces then defend to the bone. It worked a treat for a while and on a Burnley budget who can blame him. It remains to be seen how this will go at Everton. The introduction interview anyway was full of platitudes and empty air, as per usual. As was Lampards introduction.

He had two good years and five bad ones. But because he had bad players, all of which were his signings to fit into his philosophy, that's viewed as doing really well in tough circumstances. I don't buy it.
Hilarious.

We got promoted in his first full year
We were then relegated with probably the lowest budget (relatively speaking) ever seen in the premier league
We then won the league the following year and went 6 months unbeaten
We then stayed up against the odds
We then got into Europe
We then had a rough season with the same limited squad and no signings but managed to stay up comfortably
We then finished tenth when our only signings were a fourth choice keeper and dale stephens
We then had a bad season and went down after he left

For Burnley. The investment we have. Or lack of. And the players we had to resort to ( crouch, Lennon etc all on frees) it’s actually a miracle what he performed with resources a fraction of what Everton have

We have got the hand we have been dealt with now. We are where we are. We have got to get behind this team now. Leave The Board protests until we are safe. Then full throttle

Hilarious.

We were then relegated with probably the lowest budget (relatively speaking) ever seen in the premier league
We then got into Europe
We then had a rough season with the same limited squad and no signings but managed to stay up comfortably
We then finished tenth when our only signings were a fourth choice keeper and dale stephens

For Burnley. The investment we have. Or lack of. And the players we had to resort to ( crouch, Lennon etc all on frees) it’s actually a miracle what he performed with resources a fraction of what Everton have
Don’t pay attention to him mate. His posts are like one of my mates football bets, ie every single bet he puts I’ll bet the complete opposite and the majority of time I’ll have more cash in my pocket.

Hilarious.

We then got into Europe

Personally think he did well with the budget he had. And the last 18 months at yous he did predict you would likely go down without better investment. Think it was the season as you said you only signed a 4 choice keeper and dale Stephen’s. The season after with ageing squad you started to decline from there. Let me know if I am wrong though.

What Dyche brings in is a different set of tactics. It was frustrating under Lampard as we never seemed to want to change our approach too much. Playing 2 strikers could ve world changing for us. Who knows, Maupay might actually bag some goals or assists if he has someone up there with him. And whiping the ball in with 2 big CFs in Dom and Simms certainly sounds appealing to me. Would have been nice to get another striker or winger in but we need to remember we are going to be playing a different style now. Part of me is actually kind of excited to watch us play now.

Status
Not open for further replies.