Dyche is the man

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, people need to be clear in themselves of what they consider acceptable for the club. With Dyche we are never going to be challenging for European places, we can be the new Burnley though. We may become a bit of a yoyo club bouncing up and down between leagues over the next 7 or 8 seasons, but at least we'll have a consistent manager and style of play, we'll have an identity. Surely that is all we can expect over the medium term?

COYB!

John.
Why?

Dyche was screaming at the players, at one time he said to one of the players

****** STAY THERE

He made sure they kept their shape.
Noticed this myself he saw something going wrong and immediately did something about it. Don't know who it was he was shouting at but I'm sure whoever it was knew. Apart from the goal that was my highlight of the match actually seeing our manager trying to affect what was going on on the pitch and giving some passion, and not bellend level of passion either that you see sometimes but controlled and directed.

Enjoyed the game yesterday - Onana and Dominic Calvert-Lewin genuinely rattled them - and I haven't seen us do that for a while.

Special mention for McNeil who was perfectly decent and Myko who has been under the microscope for not being Roberto Carlos. I can understand fans frustration with our results but I don't see how needling our own players helps, however limited they may be.

Even if the comparisons with Allardyce football are fair (I'm reserving judgement) - Dyche is less of a douche.
We barely mustered a shot under Allardyce, yesterday after the first few minutes we got higher up the pitch and created quite a few chances

The thing is, people need to be clear in themselves of what they consider acceptable for the club. With Dyche we are never going to be challenging for European places, we can be the new Burnley though. We may become a bit of a yoyo club bouncing up and down between leagues over the next 7 or 8 seasons, but at least we'll have a consistent manager and style of play, we'll have an identity. Surely that is all we can expect over the medium term?

COYB!

John.
Who got into Europe albeit for only one season with inferior players so I see no reason why he couldn’t get us competing for EL places - I suspect Dyche isn’t quite as caveman as Allardyce, and I think if he gets us through this season, we will be looking upward. Our style of play going forward beyond this season and the progress we make in terms of style will very much be indicated by the style of player we attempt to attract. As others have said I think his default for player attributes will be hard work and discionline sprinkled with a little creativity and flair

The other thing to add to that very quickly which was encouraging from the post match interview was his instruction to DCL which was to play between the posts….something very reminiscent of what Ancelotti instructed him to do….I see DCL thriving under him, if DCL can overcome his injury concerns

I was responding to your post asking do we accept being a yo yo club going down and back up from the championship over the next 7 or 8 seasons. We will never accept that as a fanbase. Why would we?
Indeed you were, so in your opinion under which circumstance do the club end up pulling the plug on Dyche as manager? Or so long as he keeps us on a footing of mediocrity does he remain in perpetuity? We need to be clear on our ambition and aims.

COYB!

John.

COYB!

John.
Dear me that's the way after a great win against the team that has this season been the best in the league. Nice backhanded compliment and look into the crystal ball. How about we just get behind him and the team for a bit before we start telling them they're never going to amount to anything. Personally for the next season I'll take settled football an identity of play and no relegation battles. Then we can see whether dyche can do more than be a mid table team manager.

Dear me that's the way after a great win against the team that has this season been the best in the league. Nice backhanded compliment and look into the crystal ball. How about we just get behind him and the team for a bit before we start telling them they're never going to amount to anything. Personally for the next season I'll take settled football an identity of play and no relegation battles. Then we can see whether dyche can do more than be a mid table team manager.
Is Van Dike available for the Derby?

Status
Not open for further replies.