Dyche is the man

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a manager!
If we stay up will the toad take the credit for getting us out of the mire? I so much want Dyche to succeed but I hope that our despicable board do not take the credit and entrench themselves on the back of someone else's success.
I don't think we would allow them to take credit mate. If we stay up and it's a big if, the credit will go to one man and his backroom team and that's Shaun Dyche.

What a manager!
If we stay up will the toad take the credit for getting us out of the mire? I so much want Dyche to succeed but I hope that our despicable board do not take the credit and entrench themselves on the back of someone else's success.

Enjoy the moment. Less self loathing please.

But that's exactly my point, 'let's not worry about European places just now' can quickly become 'let's not worry about automatic promotion places just now' under Dyche. What's the redline under this new manager? What is the club/board's/supporters realistic ambition under him?

Let's just have a realistic and honest discussion about it.

COYB!

John

Automatic promotion? Me thinks you've uncovered yourself there..

SEAN DYCHE - STEVE AUSTIN lol -

FoIJRT0WAAAaK4X

But that's exactly my point, 'let's not worry about European places just now' can quickly become 'let's not worry about automatic promotion places just now' under Dyche. What's the redline under this new manager? What is the club/board's/supporters realistic ambition under him?

Let's just have a realistic and honest discussion about it.

COYB!

John
In answer to your question, I’d like to think most fans will be looking in an upwards direction rather than be worrying about relegation every year, let alone being a yo-yo club. But the first and most critical thing is making sure we survive this season. If we do, I’d say the next step is to avoid a relegation battle next season (23/24), the season after aim to finish mid-table or lower top half (24/25), then consolidate this before edging upwards towards trying to qualify for Europe consistently. I see this being a slow process of improvement, but always going in an upwards trajectory. If we can skip any of these steps, it’ll be a bonus.

As with every Evertonian, I’d love to see us winning trophies and challenging for/winning the title. But realistically, when are we going to see that happen next?

In answer to your question, I’d like to think most fans will be looking in an upwards direction rather than be worrying about relegation every year, let alone being a yo-yo club. But the first and most critical thing is making sure we survive this season. If we do, I’d say the next step is to avoid a relegation battle next season (23/24), the season after aim to finish mid-table or lower top half (24/25), then consolidate this before edging upwards towards trying to qualify for Europe consistently. I see this being a slow process of improvement, but always going in an upwards trajectory. If we can skip any of these steps, it’ll be a bonus.

As with every Evertonian, I’d love to see us winning trophies and challenging for/winning the title. But realistically, when are we going to see that happen next?

Not for some time, one step at a time, let us recover and get to mid table at least then start to build a team in the summer.

I think if Dyche is retained it will be on the basis of this season, pull away from the drop zone, make us hard to beat. Next season consolidate on this seasons work by adding some players that will supplement and improve what he inherited And push for a European spot and / or a cup.
Whether that ever happens is just another facet of the glittering conundrum within the turd-smeared enigma of being an Evertonian.

I reckon when we die, if we go to the hot place we are the only souls there who are guaranteed parole, on the grounds that we have already suffered so much even Satan himself gets teary-eyed!

Are you Burnley in disguise?

Top manager. Getting great results with no recognised striker and relying on the players who massively overachieved with us.

Showing exactly why he was the man for you and believe he will push on next year WHEN you stay up and if he is backed to bring in a handful of his own players.

What a manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.