Dyche is the man

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes and there are others as well. And I don’t think your opinion of Rodgers is widely shared tbh as he is currently favourite for the Spurs job.

Look what I see in Dyche is a mediocre manager getting average results. We can do better.
Dyche is working miracles with the dross that he was given. Have you forgotten just how bad we were under Lampard?
I think the guy deserves a crack at getting his own players in. Who knows how well he could do??

Dyche is getting fantastic results with the worst squad we’ve had since Moyes came in.

We have a terrible squad without a striker and he’s getting points off top teams left and right. Beating the will be champions in his first game, beating Brentford who were the second best form team, drawing with Spurs who went third if they beat us, getting a point at Stamford Bridge where we lose every year, fantastic job.

We’re even playing alright football. We’re on the front foot, passing forwards, getting balls in the box, pressing high and tackling hard. Honestly what’s not to like? This isn’t Allardyce’s 11 men behind the ball anti-football this is well drilled, hard working players getting results above their stature as players.

Dyche is working miracles with the dross that he was given. Have you forgotten just how bad we were under Lampard?
I think the guy deserves a crack at getting his own players in. Who knows how well he could do??
Lampard?? Possibly the worst manager have ever had along with Benitez

Sorry, not having it that Dyche is some kind of miracle worker

He is what he is, a meat and potatoes manager getting basic results.

Dyche is getting fantastic results with the worst squad we’ve had since Moyes came in.

We have a terrible squad without a striker and he’s getting points off top teams left and right. Beating the will be champions in his first game, beating Brentford who were the second best form team, drawing with Spurs who went third if they beat us, getting a point at Stamford Bridge where we lose every year, fantastic job.

We’re even playing alright football. We’re on the front foot, passing forwards, getting balls in the box, pressing high and tackling hard. Honestly what’s not to like? This isn’t Allardyce’s 11 men behind the ball anti-football this is well drilled, hard working players getting results above their stature as players.

I agree, and I hope that with time he gets the chance to prove himself to be more than what his Burnley team looked like. He's exactly the type of manager who with better resources and autonomy can prove himself to be better than people think.
on the note of the 'terrible squad' too - look at what we've got - the midfield 3 are ok, but then onana is still only young, Gana is fine but we hailed him as a saviour but he's really only 'above average', Iwobi / Doucoure too - none of them are 'top premier league players' but they're fine. Players who can do decent jobs. We also have no attacking flair, pace or creative skill apart from Gray, McNeil and they are not even on the fringes of England selection. So I agree, this is almost a miracle to get the squad to play like this.

Last edited:
I agree, and I hope that with time he gets the chance to prove himself to be more than what his Burnley team looked like. He's exactly the type of manager who with better resources and autonomy can prove himself to be better than people think.

a bit like Eddie Howe in fact - typecast but then currently upgrading himself.

How about simply acknowledging the work Dyche has done so far, under difficult circumstances. Is he average? Well, it depends on the definition of a good manager. My definition is quite simple, a good manager is a manager who performs better than expected over time, based on the resources one has available.

There aren't very many of them. But I will say, if the job Dyche did with Burnley can't be considered performing better than expected, then there are very few managers who can be put in the category of good manager.

If we had sacked Lampard after the Bournemouth fiasco, we would be in the top 8 now ..... the way Dyche has us playing ....
Being realistic I believe Dyche would’ve at least beaten Southampton and Wolves at home and got a point at West Ham

If nothing else changed we’d currently be on 34 points 4 ahead of Palace and 4 behind Chelsea in a lovely no mans land and looking forward to next season

Status
Not open for further replies.